You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Flipping all in money??

edited August 2011 in The Poker Clinic
Short stacks pushing in cash games is it worth getting involved?

I know when i call that this is going to be around a 50/50 chance at best but i get to see all the cards for around 10 Bigs is it worth flipping for or should i let this slide?
PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
SIMMO256 Small blind   £0.02 £0.02 £1.93
jams88 Big blind   £0.04 £0.06 £3.93
  Your hole cards
  • Q
  • K

PokerAl Fold        
TCNTU09 All-in   £0.38 £0.44 £0.00
teddy991 Fold        
bobcam Fold        
SIMMO256 Fold        
jams88 Call   £0.34 £0.78 £3.59
jams88 Show
  • Q
  • K

TCNTU09 Show
  • A

Flop

Turn

River

TCNTU09 Win Pair of 4s £0.72   £0.72

Comments

• edited August 2011
    Depends what you think his shoving range is. You need around 44% equity to call. Pokerstove is a useful tool for calculating these, you can download it for free.You can see your equity against a range of hands

Readless I think its prob a fold
  • edited August 2011
    I'd usually always call this and i don't really know why lol! i'm probably wrong to do so though
  • edited August 2011
    its 38p who cares

KQ suited looks really pretty so i call - If they push with A4 they push with any 2 broadway
  • edited August 2011
    In Response to Re: Flipping all in money??:
    its 38p who cares KQ suited looks really pretty so i call - If they push with A4 they push with any 2 broadway
    Posted by PiAnOpLaYa
    that's definitely a bad way to think about it, it's still 10% of your stack, it's equivalent to calling £100 at £5/10 .. the actual money shouldn't come into play, just think of it of chips and the most profitable decision
  • edited August 2011
    I play a lot of NL4 still, and this is a call for me, they push with such a small stack with any PP, and Ace, and often a Kxs or even Kxo..

so yes, for 8.5 BB's (when they are all in for that much) im calling all day with KQs at NL4
  • edited August 2011
    In Response to Re: Flipping all in money?? : that's definitely a bad way to think about it, it's still 10% of your stack, it's equivalent to calling £100 at £5/10 .. the actual money shouldn't come into play, just think of it of chips and the most profitable decision
    Posted by percival09
    sorry for double post..

I agree with your sentiment, and at £5/£10 it would be a fold, but since players at NL4 push SO light with such a small stack, and are SO poor in general, it's a call, not because it's only 38p, but because it's 8.5BB's against a player who's range is going to be huge to the point of mental, and is looking to just get them in with any 2 that look pretty, as it turned out it wasn't far off a 50/50 flip
  • edited August 2011
    its 38p who cares KQ suited looks really pretty so i call - If they push with A4 they push with any 2 broadway
    Posted by PiAnOpLaYa
    he should care if hes playing 4NL

I dont agree they necessarily shove all broadways if they shove A4, stoved some ranges its prob a call though
  • edited August 2011
    In Response to Re: Flipping all in money?? : sorry for double post.. I agree with your sentiment, and at £5/£10 it would be a fold, but since players at NL4 push SO light with such a small stack, and are SO poor in general, it's a call, not because it's only 38p, but because it's 8.5BB's against a player who's range is going to be huge to the point of mental, and is looking to just get them in with any 2 that look pretty, as it turned out it wasn't far off a 50/50 flip
    Posted by CagSher
    I agree, I would call ... just wondering if it's actually profitable .. you're probably right about 4NL which makes it a call
  • edited August 2011
    Snap snap and then snap it off again.
  • edited August 2011
    In Response to Re: Flipping all in money?? : I agree, I would call ... just wondering if it's actually profitable .. you're probably right about 4NL which makes it a call
    Posted by percival09
    It's a wide shove, low-mid pr or A raggy raggy

You can call these, most of the time it's low-mid pr  or paint
  • edited August 2011
    In Response to Re: Flipping all in money?? : I agree, I would call ... just wondering if it's actually profitable .. you're probably right about 4NL which makes it a call
    Posted by percival09
    this is what i was wondering as im fairly sure im up against some sort of ace is it a profitable call without getting results orintaed as this situation happens a fiar bit in nl4
  • edited August 2011
    Personlly mate I've seen players do the same with liturally 100% of their range, I'd say you'd be unlucky to see an ace here.

Plus it's only bloody 34p ! Nah just jokin that's a bad way to play NL4 lolz.
  • edited August 2011
    Personlly mate I've seen players do the same with liturally 100% of their range, I'd say you'd be unlucky to see an ace here. Plus it's only bloody 34p ! Nah just jokin that's a bad way to play NL4 lolz.
    Posted by Dudeskin8
    Cheers for the input espcially as i know you have played alot of nl4 and beaten it will definatly take this onboard :)
    lol the 34p isint the end of the world by a long shot just wondered if it was -ve general opinion was its a good call though, happy days
  • edited August 2011
    I'm fairly happy to call here most times, kinda lols when they sit with 40p double it up to 80p then run though.
  • edited August 2011
    Totally agree with dudeskin here ive seen abso any 2 hole cards played in this way and KQs defo is ahead of most shoves with the oppo's stack size
  • edited August 2011
    Thanks for the help everyone