You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Why the River?

Always on the freakin' River, without fail. Does the site do it to create tension? Suspense? Or just p*ss people off lol. Everytime I get beaten by an 'inferior' hand it's always the River which swings it. Irritating as hell.

If I was a paranoid man I'd begin to think the site pushes for those with Bigger bankrolls or the Bigger stack :facepalm:
PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
KayaSan Small blind   25.00 25.00 550.00
lisa76 Big blind   50.00 75.00 1375.00
  Your hole cards
  • A
  • Q

KayaSan Raise   75.00 150.00 475.00
lisa76 Call   50.00 200.00 1325.00
Flop

• A
  • K

lisa76 Check        
KayaSan Bet   200.00 400.00 275.00
lisa76 Raise   400.00 800.00 925.00
KayaSan All-in   275.00 1075.00 0.00
lisa76 Call   75.00 1150.00 850.00
KayaSan Show
  • A
  • Q

lisa76 Show
  • A

Turn

River

lisa76 Win Two Pairs, Aces and 9s 1150.00   2000.00

Comments

• edited August 2011
    Sink or Swim. lol.
  • edited August 2011
    Im probably all in pre flop, he probably calls = same result. Difference is, pre flop shove, villian has FE. But he isnt folding to an open raise with A9 from the SB. If I was the BB, I would have put you all in preflop in this spot. 

As played, I shove the flop, the pot size bet or the shove in my eyes, gets the same result.

If villian has an Ace he calls both. 

If villian has anything else, he knows the shove is coming on the turn/river, so he is going with the hand or not. if He calls the PSB he isnt folding to a shove on a later street. 
  • ybyb
    edited August 2011
    In Response to Re: Why the River?:
    Im probably all in pre flop, he probably calls = same result. Difference is, pre flop shove, villian has FE. But he isnt folding to an open raise with A9 from the SB. If I was the BB, I would have put you all in preflop in this spot.  As played, I shove the flop, the pot size bet or the shove in my eyes, gets the same result. If villian has an Ace he calls both.  If villian has anything else, he knows the shove is coming on the turn/river, so he is going with the hand or not. if He calls the PSB he isnt folding to a shove on a later street. 
    Posted by LLCooLD
    this doesn't make sense
  • edited August 2011
    In Response to Re: Why the River? : this doesn't make sense
    Posted by yb
    why not?? Granted Iam very tired, but reading it back Im pretty sure it makes sense? lol 
  • ybyb
    edited August 2011
    In Response to Re: Why the River? : why not?? Granted Iam very tired, but reading it back Im pretty sure it makes sense? lol 
    Posted by LLCooLD
    lol how can the villain have fold equity if hero is all in? :s
  • edited August 2011
    In Response to Re: Why the River? : lol how can the villain have fold equity if hero is all in? :s
    Posted by yb
    Are we talking about this specific situtation that villian has A9 and isnt folding in this spot, or in general that we dont know he has A9...cos Im totally frickin confused lol. 
  • ybyb
    edited August 2011
    basically fold equity is the ev gain due to the opponent folding, which doesn't make sense in the context you used it in. the villain would never have any fold equity because the hero would be all-in, and therefore couldn't fold.
  • edited August 2011
    basically fold equity is the ev gain due to the opponent folding, which doesn't make sense in the context you used it in. the villain would never have any fold equity because the hero would be all-in, and therefore couldn't fold.
    Posted by yb
    loooooooooooooooooooooool grammar fail on my behalf. apologies. its only taken me like 4 hours!