You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Nl10 - Advice and Tips

edited August 2011 in The Poker Clinic
Well I'm gonna have another crack at the big time tomorrow after reaching my target but felt my first go was a little bad in terms of raise size, hand range etc.

What's a good standard open 30p ok or minimum of 40p?

Also do I really have to open up raising with suited connectors in early/mid position, 3betting pre more with lesser hands than JJ+/AK?

Post flop - floating, double barreling, raising on draws, other fancy plays are they required at NL10?

Or is this all silly and just play like it's NL4 lol ?

Comments

• edited August 2011
    just play like its nl4
  • edited August 2011
    I'd say it's mostly silly lol!
    most of the players will still be fish, it's still a micro level of cash ... you already know how to do it, bet big etc ... fwiw 30p raise is fine, +1 for limper and +1 for being oop
  • edited August 2011
    Stick with playing quite nitty and keep it as ABC as possible because people still have trouble laying down third pair on a draw heavy board.

Just reduce your raise sizes down to normal 3x or 4x levels if you're the first into a pot unless it's late on a friday evening and you've found the drunken lunatic tables.

• edited August 2011
    Be wary of people playing a few tables. Or playing weekdays.

Otherwise you can go right up to NL50 and still see the same level of bamminess. Only difference is there's a few more taking it serious there. But not that many. £50's as easy to stick down for some as £4 is for others. Know your opponent. I'm mainly basing this on weekend play but nl100 seems to be the big jump to be consistently boys who really know their game. And I've seen a few there and beyond too. But have been bullied away more often.