You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Check or Bet?

edited August 2011 in The Poker Clinic
X is REG due to multitabling 3/4 tables
pipstrel13 Small blind   £0.04 £0.04 £5.17
BACKFOOT Big blind   £0.08 £0.12 £1.45
  Your hole cards
  • Q
  • Q

Dudeskin8 Raise   £0.32 £0.44 £13.16
mccaw03 Fold        
coco521 Fold        
x Call   £0.32 £0.76 £16.69
pipstrel13 Fold        
BACKFOOT Call   £0.24 £1.00 £1.21
Flop

BACKFOOT All-in   £1.21 £2.21 £0.00
Dudeskin8 Raise   £2.92 £5.13 £10.24
x Call   £2.92 £8.05 £13.77
Turn

Dudeskin8

Comments

• edited August 2011
    I prob flat flop

turn spot sucks readless this deep oop, I prob b/f  but Im not sure its good
  • ybyb
    edited August 2011
  • edited August 2011
    I would defo bet and call whatever he raises ;)
  • edited August 2011
    In Response to Re: Check or Bet?:
    I would defo bet and call whatever he raises ;)
    Posted by MrCraig
    C/F for me!
  • edited August 2011
    I rly hate life when raise flop and turn brings this type of card. Not sure how good bet/fold is in the long run here, the times oppo has ace/6 here is too much. meh check fold.
  • edited August 2011
    yuk at river.  I likely juice up flop, giving LP lovely price to improve with the min also the benefit of closing the action.  I likely make it £4.2 on flop. 

There were alot of cards you didnt want to see show up on turn, pot being big enough to insure against it bud.
  • edited August 2011

Dudeskin are you happy to get it in on flop?

• edited August 2011
    good question grantorino, could this have been a case of isolate and take down the pot rather than a small reraise and go 3 way into turn. is reg gonna call you with A X anyhows ?
  • edited August 2011
    QQ is too strong not to bet on turn as we can easily rep the straight too.. wouldnt want to give the bettin lead up as we are OOP and villan can pounce on our weakness with lower pairs and draws forcing us to fold the best hand..!!! 

• edited August 2011
    what would you bet lnarin with £8 in the pot and only 10 behind? this is c/f or jam surely!
  • edited August 2011
    I'm deep but yes I'm happy to get it in on flop (is this wrong?), my raise of all-in isn't massive but felt it gave any draws bad odds.
  • edited August 2011
    never jammin in this spot .. clear b/fold imo and c/fold i think is too weak..!!
  • edited August 2011
    im not saying to jam it, but like i say what size bet can you bet?
  • edited August 2011
    why are we raising the flop bet ? isolating ? are we folding to a raise there ?
    if we not folding then just shove it in on flop
  • edited August 2011
    When I raised I just presumed the guy had to shove back (I'd snap it off) or fold as calling for any draw is bad imo, would a shove be right there though ?
  • edited August 2011
    In Response to Re: Check or Bet?:
    When I raised I just presumed the guy had to shove back (I'd snap it off) or fold as calling for any draw is bad imo, would a shove be right there though ?
    Posted by Dudeskin8
    I think if your raising there and your not folding to a shove behind then it's fine to shove it in.
    Worse will call, but as you have raised to induce a shove behind and it's not worked now your in a horrible spot as it's brought the draws in. I think if your beat when you raise then he will shove on you simply becuase he should ) So your not folding to a shove behind so just get it in because it's the same thing. Running this i want to induce action behind is not going to work in this spot because you holding is only an overpair. If you have nutz then you can induce all day long ) So many scare cards on turn that your not going to like so get it now.

I think your raise is a nice induce size raise - if you raise to 4.80 - 5.40 then it's obvious your not folding - can't see how you raise to half your stack and fold

I think the range of hands that are beating you on the flop should shove on you when you raise, I can't see any reason why they would not, unless they have A3 clubs :s

As played

c/f turn