You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Pocket Kings Multiple Limpers

edited August 2011 in The Poker Clinic
Could I of played this any better?
PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
77viper77 Small blind  15.00 15.00 1670.00
lillio Big blind  30.00 45.00 4890.00
  Your hole cards
  • K
  • K

MOUSEACHES Raise  60.00 105.00 1090.00
4acesup Call  60.00 165.00 2220.00
1REEDY1 Call  60.00 225.00 1870.00
NColley Raise  330.00 555.00 1715.00
77viper77 Call  315.00 870.00 1355.00
lillio Fold     
MOUSEACHES All-in  1090.00 1960.00 0.00
4acesup Call  1090.00 3050.00 1130.00
1REEDY1 Fold     
NColley All-in  1715.00 4765.00 0.00
77viper77 All-in  1355.00 6120.00 0.00
4acesup Call  895.00 7015.00 235.00
77viper77 Show
  • A

MOUSEACHES Show
  • Q
  • Q

4acesup Show
  • Q

NColley Show
  • K
  • K

Flop

• J

Turn

River

77viper77 Win Three 3s 6295.00  6295.00
NColley Win Two Pairs, Kings and 3s 720.00  720.00

Comments

• edited August 2011
    brag post ftw , wrong part of forum tho
  • edited August 2011

ahh my bad. move when can mods thnx

• edited August 2011
    Drat I actually read it, burn my eyes now !
  • edited August 2011
    In Response to Re: Pocket Kings Multiple Limpers:
    unlucky always the river huh :/ played it right though when then other million shoved though i start to kind of doubt my hand
    Posted by delaney09
    Apart from this time ....
  • edited August 2011
    Personally I think you need to re-raise more pre-flop. When you've got that many limpers for 60 and you only make it 330, you make it pretty tempting for a decent hand to call and once one person calls, the next guy does and the next guy and so on because the pot odds are getting better and better.

I do not want to be taking KK into a 4 way. You're quite lucky it held up.
  • edited August 2011
    Personally I think you need to re-raise more pre-flop. When you've got that many limpers for 60 and you only make it 330, you make it pretty tempting for a decent hand to call and once one person calls, the next guy does and the next guy and so on because the pot odds are getting better and better. I do not want to be taking KK into a 4 way. You're quite lucky it held up.
    Posted by Lambert180
    it didnt hold up...
  • edited August 2011
    Like the bet pre, was scrolling down really hoping they held for you.  UL sir.
  • edited August 2011
    No this is even worse I'd prefer a BB post where he loses his WHOLE stack what's the point of posting this seriously ?
  • edited August 2011
    You mean as there's no action?  Yeah i guess your right.

Been away for a couple of weeks, it'll take me awhile to remember what classes as an acceptable post :)

So good to be home with a fresh outlook, recommend it to anyone.
  • edited August 2011
    I thought I'd share my expert skillz getting 3 weaker hands to call pre flop.
  • edited August 2011
  • edited August 2011
    nope just a donkhunter
  • edited August 2011
    In Response to Re: Pocket Kings Multiple Limpers : it didnt hold up...
    Posted by PiAnOpLaYa
    Sorry, right you are, I just scanned quickly and saw his name next to Winner at the bottom of the HH but obviously it was a side pot.

My statement remains the same though, reduce the number of people in the hand and maybe that doesnt happen.
  • edited August 2011

sizing pre is fine, he could make it a bit bigger if he wanted, but 5.5BB is ok 30BB deep

• edited August 2011
    sizing pre is fine, he could make it a bit bigger if he wanted, but 5.5BB is ok 30BB deep
    Posted by grantorino
    I respect a lot of what you say on here so let me know if you disagree but if everyone has already put in 2BBs, is 5.5BBs going to get your average player with you average hand to fold? And the more people that do call, you're surely going to get people calling with 98 as pot odds increase. Granted you want people in with average hands against your KK but not 4 people.

Am I wrong? Do you think 5.5 is enough to get folds and these people were just wrong to call. I mean personally there's no way I'm calling a 5.5BB raise with A3
  • edited August 2011
    In Response to Re: Pocket Kings Multiple Limpers : I respect a lot of what you say on here so let me know if you disagree but if everyone has already put in 2BBs, is 5.5BBs going to get your average player with you average hand to fold? And the more people that do call, you're surely going to get people calling with 98 as pot odds increase. Granted you want people in with average hands against your KK but not 4 people. Am I wrong? Do you think 5.5 is enough to get folds and these people were just wrong to call. I mean personally there's no way I'm calling a 5.5BB raise with A3
    Posted by Lambert180
    Misread hand, thought everyone limped in. 5.5X is certainly big enough as a 3bet though. Bigger may be optimal, but I cant see anything wrong with that sizing. I dont see why you want folds, and tbh anyone calls 330 with junk is prob not folding anyway.
  • edited August 2011
    ahh my bad. move when can mods thnx
    Posted by NColley
    Lolz soz mate I made the error of seein WIN at the end of the hand without seein ya actually lost and only won a side pot , once again soz xxx
  • edited August 2011
    In Response to Re: Pocket Kings Multiple Limpers : Misread hand, thought everyone limped in. 5.5X is certainly big enough as a 3bet though. Bigger may be optimal, but I cant see anything wrong with that sizing. I dont see why you want folds, and tbh anyone calls 330 with junk is prob not folding anyway.
    Posted by grantorino
    Surely you want folds because KK is a very strong hand but if you deal out a board against 3 other random hands, say A9s, JTo, and 78s your odds of winning are not that fantastic. I was always of the opinion that big pairs play better against 1-2 opponents, correct me if I'm wrong.
  • edited August 2011
    all is good - unlucky
    you don't want folds - you want to isolate )
  • edited August 2011
    In Response to Re: Pocket Kings Multiple Limpers : Apart from this time ....
    Posted by percival09
    Lol just realised.... i should pay more attention okay always the turn huh

now deleted my first post as i have no recolection of writing it and it makes no sense at all lol

ill just write unlucky played it fine
  • edited August 2011
    Bad Beat Yawnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn!
  • edited August 2011
    Bad Beat Yawnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn!
    Posted by YOUNG_GUN
    You see that's the sad thing cus it's not really that bad as he still has 24 bigs to play with, at least post BBY's where you're out and you feel proper peeved.
  • edited August 2011
    In Response to Re: Pocket Kings Multiple Limpers : You see that's the sad thing cus it's not really that bad as he still has 24 bigs to play with, at least post BBY's where you're out and you feel proper peeved.
    Posted by Dudeskin8
    Why are you posting this again dudeskin? This is the 2nd time you've taken the time to say this. I have no need for your negativity. The first time I just let it slide with a little joke but this time I take exception and request you keep this negativity to yourself.

Heres some logic for you, I had 14kish chips and was dealt AKhh, flop brings flush for me. I get 2 opponents all in on a blank turn, one with 9kish chips and the q high fd, other with 2 pair and 10kish chips, river bring a straight flush for the qhigh flush on river for the win. Now apparently this wouldn't be bad to you because I had chips to play with. Go figure.
  • edited August 2011
    In Response to Re: Pocket Kings Multiple Limpers : Surely you want folds because KK is a very strong hand but if you deal out a board against 3 other random hands, say A9s, JTo, and 78s your odds of winning are not that fantastic. I was always of the opinion that big pairs play better against 1-2 opponents, correct me if I'm wrong.
    Posted by Lambert180
    The more hands you play against the less often you win, doesnt mean its not more proftable to play multiway postflop. But I think sizing is big enough anyway tbh

How much more do you want to make it? 5.5x is quite a big 3bet, esp only around 70bb deep. I doubt they all call generally. Its also enough to make it easy to get your stack across the line postflop