You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Worst cash session ever

edited August 2011 in The Poker Clinic
Like, unbelievable. 30nl 200 bbs.

10s dealt three times in first orbit that never won. Lost the minimum but down and I played them right.

Also flopped str8 in 2nd orbit. Rivered flush that was priced out beat me.

Some guy comes in with £20 and runs it up to £188 in an hour. Hitting ridiculous things. Like something I've never ever seen.

AA twice got no action.

K10 hit trips. All in by turn against up and down who called about 4/1. Rivered.

Honestly never seen anything like it. Bordering on impossible. Every single card and flop went against me.

Does this happen to everyone or just me? I honestly think it's a million to one what happened to me tonight.

20% of BR down and don't think I did much wrong. Wasn't even playing outwith BR. Unbelievable. I think I got it in behind once. Coupled with every big hand I've had in an mtt being trumped I'm wondering what's going against me. Are there Gods? Have I upset them somehow? Je s us, how come I'm never lucky?

Comments

• edited August 2011
    its a scottish thing mate. we gave the irish our lucky charms when we where allies with them
  • edited August 2011

Happens all the time.

I don't think I've ever been crushed 100% by bad beats though, if I get 1 early it leads to bad calls/playing too many hands, which always seem to be followed by coolers etc, and before ya know it, u're 6 buy ins down within half an hour.

Post some hands of the worst ones......

(wd for only losing 20% of ur roll btw, brm ftw)
  • edited August 2011
    -2bi sessions are super super standard. i guess it can depend on the # of tables you are playing
  • edited August 2011

In Response to Re: Worst cash session ever:
    Happens all the time. I don't think I've ever been crushed 100% by bad beats though, if I get 1 early it leads to bad calls/playing too many hands, which always seem to be followed by coolers etc, and before ya know it, u're 6 buy ins down within half an hour. Post some hands of the worst ones...... (wd for only losing 20% of ur roll btw, brm ftw)
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH

This is how my awful cash sessions go like too.

I'll get a few bad beats early on then i'll play too loose and over value marginal hands.
  • edited August 2011
    losing 2 BIs is completely standard ... you shouldn't really be concerned about it
  • edited August 2011

I can't see anywhere in OP where it says he only lost 2xbuy ins?

If this is correct, and you dropped 2 buy ins, which equated to 20% of your bankroll, I withdraw my earlier compliment about your BRM!

:P
  • edited August 2011
    So you're playing NL30 with 10 BI's ?
  • edited August 2011
    2 buy-ins??!! Try 6 in the space of about an hour. And it got worse.

I don't even want to talk about it. For a long, long time.
  • edited August 2011
    I run like this alot online, but i think i compound the issue to a degree, with overly loose play and not giving any one any credit for a hand :p, lol it is the tinterweb :p

But Live I've had many a night like this.  Where you really feel like you've played perfect but the deck just wants to keep smacking you in the face.

I've tried to rationalise it as:  Losing sessions
                                              +/- break even sessions (mod loss/gain)
                                              Heater sessions

So by defintion 2/3rds of your sessions are going to be frustrating and fruitless.  But as long as you feel like you've played each hand aswell as you can and most importantly lost the minimum, you can take something positive away.  In losing sessions i very rarely leave the table, where I likely should.  However I have started "pushing the edges" of regs live, seeing clearer how they act in spots for when I'm on a heater.

Poker is a streaky game, dont know why, but it truly is.  Some people run bad, some people habitually run godd (see Racener :p).  Its just defending and capitalising.

You know what your doing though Bandini :)  Run better sir!

EDIT:  FWIW played a £50 FO in brum last week.  Had chip lead at bubble then picked up 10's 3 out of 4 hands at 1k/2k.  Made it 4300 each time getting jammed on each time by 8kish stacks, calling and losing to overs.  Then picked up Q's.  Made it 4300 got jammed on for 22k by AK board QKK2A.  And am out, grimsville. 
  • edited August 2011
    when you say '30nl 200bbs' i took it to mean 200bbs @ nl30. but i guess you mean 30nl 200bb deep tables?

just ignore me i never talk sense
  • edited August 2011
    Don't worry your not alone I have just come off a bad run 11 buy ins gone in two nights
    For example this is standard, getting people in so bad only for them to get so lucky
    flop set 7's
    flop 7Q3
    get this guy all in 200BB's with QJ
    board runs out Q  3

re couped some of the losses by finishing top ten in the DS
    a couple of hands in last ten places were kinda standard bad runnings
    I had AJ v KQ - the board runs out a striaght
    exit hand - A10 v 33 - i hit ace on flop - then the board runs out 2 clubs to give him the flush

All standard when your running bad

Just play through it
  • edited August 2011

Does this happen to everyone or just me?
    Everyone who plays cash often enough. 

How come I'm never lucky?
    Although it is reasonable to feel like this, it's important you get rid of this before your next session.
    If you don't the first bad  beat will have a greater negative effect than it should, or you will start assuming that every scare card has hit your opponent.

Also, have a look back through the HH's for  the session.
    Often, when I feel I've just had an unlucky session, I will find lots of mistakes I can improve for next time.

• edited August 2011
    In Response to Re: Worst cash session ever:
    when you say '30nl 200bbs' i took it to mean 200bbs @ nl30. but i guess you mean 30nl 200bb deep tables? just ignore me i never talk sense
    Posted by LOL_RAISE
    oops, same mistake ...
  • edited August 2011
    if i lose 4 bis i come off. 25 in a mnth is my worst, 10% bad luck and 90% me playing like a xxxx!