You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Bounty Hunter advice

Hi guys,

Once again i am asking for some quick advice. On sky Poker my favorite game types are easily the "double your money" (I always call them double or nothing to make me more relaxed and get in the zone quicker) Sit and Gos and the "bounty hunter" Tournaments.

Now the "Double your Money" i have pretty much masters, dont do anything stupid until your in the final 3. Then charge lol.

However the bounty hunters which i prefer more, i struggle with. I dont know if its pure and simply not aggressive enough or if im just playing the wrong ghand at the wrong time.

Any advice on improving my game here would be wounderful.

Thanks,

Don

Comments

• edited October 2009
    Yep, ignore them like the plague.

People with chips and any 2 cards will call you down to the river just to get that bounty. At the end of the day, you're gonna get busted on the harshest of beats.

I played one yesterday for the first time in ages, down to 8 x bb so pushed with AK suited. Got 2 callers that commited half their stack each just to get the quid that was on my head. Guess what, got busted by J 3. Not moaning about it, you just expect it.

If you like  bit of fun at your poker, OK, go for em. If you want to build your BR, avoid at all costs.

Simple ABC poker has no place there. If you enjoy your poker with skill attached to it, go for the deepies and get 4 hours play for the price of a couple of beers.
  • edited October 2009
    I was always looking into doing aDeepstack but my BR only allows me to play with £5.00 a foprtnight that iu can afford to use for foker, this wod mainly be eaten up by a Deepstack entry fee.
  • edited October 2009
    Stick to low level dym's then using the 5% rule.

It's more important to build your roll at the moment that play a bounty hunter.
  • edited October 2009
    OR stick to what your good at (by the sounds of it) DYM's!!
  • edited October 2009
    thanks all.

Yea im ok at the DYM's/ Problem is i struggle to recover if i go down low on them, where as in tournaments i seen to recover well enough. Having said that i had a decent streak ended on Sunday night, that cost me my entire bankroll trying to win it back lol
  • edited October 2009

I STARTED WITH A SIMULAR BANKROLL AND
    HALES ADVICE IS SPOT ON WITH YOUR BANKROLL DEPOSIT £5 PLAY  DYMS  AND TRY TO TURNIT INTO £10 THEN INVEST EITHER £2.20 IN A REGULAR DEEP STACK OR £3.30 IN THE FRIDAY OR SUNDAY DEEPSTACK.
    BUT AVOID BOUNTYHUNTERS AS MOST PLAYERS PLAY THEM AS TOP PAIR ALL IN WHICH WITH YOUR LIMITED BANKROLL PUTS YOU AT A DISADVANTAGE.

• edited October 2009
    Hi The Don,

Advice on playing bounty hunter tourneys.

I think the main piece of advice when it comes to playing bounty hunters is 'bet size'.

You want to be pushing all your chips in mor often then you would in normal touneys.
    The logic of this, is that more players would call your all in, so they have a chance of taking your bounty.
    You want them to call you sometimes when you shove with a premium hand. So this can work well in your favour you see.

Play the same game but think more about your bet size you raise with.

I will explain more when I eventually put up a post about this.
  • edited October 2009
    thanks Richi although i think like the others suggested stick to the DYM and the deepstacks