You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

TPTK, facing turn min raise

edited August 2011 in The Poker Clinic
No notes but they're playing 1 table only
xBilkox Small blind   £0.05 £0.05 £9.85
falcon2626 Big blind   £0.10 £0.15 £17.48
  Your hole cards
  • K
  • A

Dudeskin8 Raise   £0.30 £0.45 £9.40
x Call   £0.30 £0.75 £8.54
bigd7701 Fold        
thompso500 Call   £0.30 £1.05 £12.30
xBilkox Fold        
falcon2626 Fold        
Flop

• A

Dudeskin8 Bet   £0.79 £1.84 £8.61
x Call   £0.79 £2.63 £7.75
thompso500 Fold        
Turn

Dudeskin8 Bet   £1.90 £4.53 £6.71
x Raise   £3.80 £8.33 £3.95
Dudeskin8

Comments

• edited August 2011
    Hate these turn min raises - always means I am dead
    you ain't even got a heart to justify the call

sigh fold

UTG raise 4x with AK me thinks
    you raise 3x and once you get a caller the rest of the table can call
    I see you are now playing NL10 and good luck -
  • edited August 2011
    have to fold readless

• edited August 2011
    In Response to Re: TPTK, facing turn min raise:
    Hate these turn min raises - always means I am dead you ain't even got a heart to justify the call sigh fold UTG raise 4x with AK me thinks you raise 3x and once you get a caller the rest of the table can call I see you are now playing NL10 and good luck -
    Posted by rancid
    +1
  • edited August 2011
    Hate these turn min raises - always means I am dead you ain't even got a heart to justify the call sigh fold UTG raise 4x with AK me thinks you raise 3x and once you get a caller the rest of the table can call I see you are now playing NL10 and good luck -
    Posted by rancid
    Yh this was one query, would you advise all raises UTG should be 4x and would this be the same for UTG +1 or is it just that first to act spot has to be more as like you say it does happen where one leads to 2 to 3 etc.

And yh not doing too bad at the moment trying to stabalise mainly.
  • edited August 2011
  • edited August 2011
  • edited August 2011
    In Response to Re: TPTK, facing turn min raise : Yh this was one query, would you advise all raises UTG should be 4x and would this be the same for UTG +1 or is it just that first to act spot has to be more as like you say it does happen where one leads to 2 to 3 etc. And yh not doing too bad at the moment trying to stabalise mainly.
    Posted by Dudeskin8
    I have yet to play NL10 on a constant basis so take my advice with a pinch of salt but when I did play for a few sessions I was raising 3x as standard and getting multiple callers.

Maybe the better ratio should be:
    early pos 4x - late postion 3.5x  - btn/sb 3x - with big value holdings
    otherwise it's just like NL4 with multiple callers

• edited August 2011
    In Response to Re: TPTK, facing turn min raise : I have yet to play NL10 on a constant basis so take my advice with a pinch of salt but when I did play for a few sessions I was raising 3x as standard and getting multiple callers. Maybe the better ratio should be: early pos 4x - late postion 3.5x  - btn/sb 3x - with big value holdings otherwise it's just like NL4 with multiple callers
    Posted by rancid
    On Sky though, i'm pretty sure there is no 3.5X? I may be wrong, but that means you'd have to type an amount in? Which is far too annoying to do lol, especially when multi-tabling .. on a general rule, i'd raise 4X UTG, and 4X in SB when it's HU w/ you and BB, and everywhere else 3X .. think you're supposed to make it smaller on the BTN but i don't think it really matters
  • edited August 2011
    sigh fold imo.

Glad to see you up the limits dudeskin, less regs for me to worry about on my imminent return to sky. lol
  • edited August 2011
    Well I did fold in the end, it's strange though because at 4NL I'd be so inclined to get it in but just felt at NL10 maybe it wasn't worth it.

Cheers Don :), yh I'm sure you'll do fine mate it's all about discipline imo.