You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Fine or bet more on turn and river?

edited August 2011 in The Poker Clinic

JHEROCALLH Big blind   £0.10 £0.10 £9.90
  Your hole cards
  • K
  • K

Dudeskin8 Raise   £0.30 £0.40 £10.98
reds1986 Fold        
THINPOP Fold        
x Call   £0.30 £0.70 £9.25
JHEROCALLH Call   £0.20 £0.90 £9.70
Flop

• J

JHEROCALLH Check        
Dudeskin8 Bet   £0.68 £1.58 £10.30
x Call   £0.68 £2.26 £8.57
JHEROCALLH Fold        
Turn

Dudeskin8 Bet   £1.50 £3.76 £8.80
x Call   £1.50 £5.26 £7.07
River

Dudeskin8 Bet   £3.30 £8.56 £5.50
x All-in   £7.07 £15.63 £0.00
Dudeskin8 Fold        
x Muck        
x Win   £10.97   £10.97
x Return   £3.77 £0.89 £14.74

Comments

• edited August 2011

I would bet less on the turn

river sizing is ok, might just go half pot though

• edited August 2011
    turn is ok
    not even sure i'd bet river, usually i'd be ok with b/f, but the 10 on the turn connects with so much of villains range that i'm not sure whether it's profitable, what are you really gonna be called with that you beat? i'm not sure he's raising 2pair hands on the turn, J10 for example, and i'm pretty sure he's folding JQ,JK on the river ..... if i did bet i'd make it smaller, £2.20 or something
  • edited August 2011
    Flops fine, althought there is an argument for betting a full size pot bet, turn should be slightly smaller. Your pair of kings are starting to lose value now and a few cards are now beating you, so its time to start thinking of getting to showdown cheaply. Depending on villain, i might even go in to check call mode on the turn, rightly or wrongly.

To be fair, villain has played it well. ul.
  • edited August 2011
    This is confusing as I was of the impression (recent advice) I should bet strong as villain could easily have AJ/KJ hey even QJ if he's proper loose and would play it the same way (but call river) surely? Yes he can have hit draw  not always though, but you'd still advise betting smaller on turn/river ?
  • edited August 2011
    I said it was villain dependent. If villain is really loose and youve seen him call down really light before then thats fine, but against a more solid opponent i think more care is needed. You only have an overpair to a straight flushing board. The only way your hand can improve is another K or a Q and even then you could be way behind. I dont mind betting out, but if you bet a little smaller, you control the size of the pot. Do you want to play a monster pot on this board with 1 pair?

Smaller bets let worse hands come along for the ride, whilst allowing you to get away relatively cheaply if shoved on like this by a better hand. If he's bluffing, its just well played.

But, hey, i am still learning, if i have got this wrong i am sure someone will put a better view on this, but thats my view on this type of hand right or wrong.
  • edited August 2011
    In Response to Re: Fine or bet more on turn and river?:
    This is confusing as I was of the impression (recent advice) I should bet strong as villain could easily have AJ/KJ hey even QJ if he's proper loose and would play it the same way (but call river) surely? Yes he can have hit draw  not always though, but you'd still advise betting smaller on turn/river ?
    Posted by Dudeskin8
    Well once that turn card comes down I wouldnt be looking to play a big pot, betting smaller saves a bit when he raises turn/river also makes it easier for him to call with Jx

Edit: I misread hand  thought you potted turn, sizing is ok, I make river smaller though