You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

UKIPT hands thats been bugging me,

edited August 2011 in The Poker Clinic

Ok so overall on the day this hand made an impact on how i played afterwards, although id have still been crippled later by the exit hand, although i rekon  i have chips behind if this one doesnt happen. It did feature in my blog but reading back id got the blind level wrong.

The opponent in the hand had been extremely tight. He'd only played a few hands and the single hand that he'd got to showdown with was v another tight player and an active player. He held QQ in a 3bet pot which he flatted and it got checked down on a K high board 3 way. His QQ held in the end v TT and 44. So as you can tell this guy is pretty tight.

Blinds 150/300 with a 25 ante.

My stack is between 19k-21k i dont have an exact count tbh.
His stack was slifghtly smaller maybe 18k-20k

Pre flop im in UTG +2. I look at QQ and raise to 750.

Opponent is directly behind me and asks how big is my stack. I say roughly 19-21k and lean back so he can see properly. I know im not obliged to do this but he'd previously shoved massive over an 800 raise and i didnt want to be left with a horrible desision. So i wanted him to know that it was his tournament on the line if he did so. Although i dont think i can find a call pre this deep.

He calls.

Everyone else folds.

Flop: Kc Ks Tc

I do my c-bet going for 1550.

My opponent thinks for a while and raises to 4500.

Just to confirm at this point im ruling out Kx in his range. I really dont think he raises here with he king, and pocket tens was more my worry, although again i think that makes up a very small part of his range. Aces are possible but i rekon something like a flush or straight draw or a smaller PP which may think i wont fold this board.

Also to note here, i folded QQ previously on a T6T board, although didnt show i stated i had an overpair when the opponent asked me why i had taken so long to fold. However on that occassion the only thing that made sense with his re-raise size in comparason to the pot was a T or 66.

I call. (I dont think raising here is really a valid option, although if others disagree id love to hear it)

Turn: 6h

I check

Tbh im checking to jam here. i think worse will now call me as id be giving about the right odds for a FD to call if he bets 6-8K. I believe he'd also be comitted with 77-99/JJ or a lone T. (again id like comments on my view here)

He checks.

This confirms to me i have the best hand, AT THIS POINT.

River: 7c

Now this is where my big desision comes in and want the most part view point please. The flush draw completes which i think makes a huge part of his range.

As a result i check. (Checking to call)

Opponent bets 9K

This created a huge i hate myself moment. I was always planning to check call here, but 9K was huge on my stack.

As results are in GPC ill just finnish the hand although i dont htink they have a huge baring on the desisions i should be makeing. Whats annoyed me is i rekon becasue of it completeing the flush i put him on i should get away.

I call

He shows 77. I say nh, and show, although im not sure why i showed.

Comments

• edited August 2011
    I'm raising bigger pre, but if thats your standard raise its fine

Why are you ruling out Kx? Its far more likely than TT imo. I wouldnt be expecting a pocket pair, but idk. I prob call

I dont see much reason to bet turn or river, river is prob a c/f even though I would hate actually doing it and I might well call in game