You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Urghh! Have to call?

Villain had been quite aggressive and involved quite a bit on the table. Seen him 3-bet once or twice in the last 20mins to half hour but never seen his hole cards. Is this a no brainer stack off? I dont like stacking off with just one pair, but should i be doing so here? Sounds simple but i seem to be getting beat in these situations quite often at the moment. How often is this a flush draw?

Hand History #402285160 (14:49 13/08/2011)

PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
bel05 Small blind  £0.02 £0.02 £1.21
yBig blind  £0.04 £0.06 £2.44
  Your hole cards
  • K
  • A

DrSharp Raise  £0.15 £0.21 £3.63
NEOPHYTE Fold     
xCall  £0.15 £0.36 £2.43
bel05 Fold     
yCall  £0.11 £0.47 £2.33
Flop

• K
  • J

yBet  £0.35 £0.82 £1.98
DrSharp Raise  £0.70 £1.52 £2.93
xAll-in  £2.43 £3.95 £0.00
yFold     
DrSharp

Comments

• edited August 2011
    Raise more after his 35p bet, at least £1.10 summit, minraise is pointless if you're not calling all in.

As played snap it off.

Oh and danny type 15p lol just hit 5x. ;)
  • edited August 2011
    Totally player dependant.

If I was sat deep playing for money I cared about I may release, because he should only really have a set/KJ/or pr with 2 spades.

But if you think he does it with a worse K or Q10 its a snap (as you hold one of his outs).

Vs a rock I muck mostly, active I likely call, remembering how its played.  Unlikely he shoves the KJ made hand tho.  Most likely a combi draw with cold jam I think.
  • edited August 2011
    I am never folding TPTK at this level in this situation ...
    raise more on flop
  • edited August 2011

Raise flop bigger if you are raising, at least 90p, prob more. I would consider flatting, depending on player

As played ugh, when he cold 3bets here its really strong if he knows what hes doing (doubtful). I call because he is prob bad and because of the reads you have. Also when you raise this flop it has to be with intention of snapping a shove  against villain y

• edited August 2011
    Am I the only one who thinks the raise pre is too small. Might be a small point and have little difference to the outcome of this particular hand but in that position with AKs at this level, I think you should definitely be making it 20-24p at least.

Other than that, I bet bigger on the flop. TP TK at this level is almost gold dust.
  • edited August 2011

Hands up, my min raise on the flop was pretty weak. I looked at player 'y's stack and a min raise means i can quietly set him in on the turn, but yeah, should be bigger, i was trying to be a bit sneaky lol! My problem was after a bet and a raise, 'x', as grantorino rightly says coldly 3-bets all-in, i know i am probably beat when he does this as he is very very rarely bluffing here after what has already taken place before him.

As for my raise pre, could of been bigger yeah, but 3.75xBB raise from UTG cant be that bad surely?

FWIW, 'Y' snap folded and although i hated it i called this down. His hand? Obviously K,J! :-(

Was hoping he was on a draw!

• edited August 2011
    The reason you raise more with AK pre (minimum of 20p for me) is that you want lots of money in the middle for when you hit this flop, yes he had KJ but if he had KQ he plays it the same, and if the flop is K106 he also most likely plays it the same.

Also fwiw why would you raise 15p when you can just click 4x lol ?
  • edited August 2011
    In Response to Re: Urghh! Have to call?:
    The reason you raise more with AK pre (minimum of 20p for me) is that you want lots of money in the middle for when you hit this flop, yes he had KJ but if he had KQ he plays it the same, and if the flop is K106 he also most likely plays it the same. Also fwiw why would you raise 15p when you can just click 4x lol ?
    Posted by Dudeskin8
    What about the 2/3 times he misses the flop? Then we dont want a lot of money in the middle

If you think the guy is going to play midstrength hands like tpwk this way why the need to build pot pre, especially only 60BB deep? I have seen very few 4NL hands where getting money in was a problem. Raising bigger may be better, but I see very little wrong with this sizing
  • edited August 2011
    Yh I also agree it would be nice to have less in for wen we have to cbet, but at this level a half pot generally does the job.
  • edited August 2011
    your beat more often than not in this spot
  • edited August 2011
    In Response to Re: Urghh! Have to call?:
    His hand? Obviously K,J! :-( Was hoping he was on a draw!
    Posted by DrSharp

just seen this, unless you have noted him as playing his FD or TPWK aggro then you have to fold.