You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

How to make your football club a laughing stock! Part 3!

Comments

• edited August 2011
    I can't see anything other than a relegation dogfight. I don't think I can face League 1 again. Will probably just end it all if we go down.
  • edited August 2011
    Hi whiskeyjak, yep its not good mate is it? If we lose to Hull, which is very possible with our injuries and suspensions, we are 3 from 3 and we are struggling. Once down there, its hard to get out.

Bates spends 8 million on the East stand and 200k on players. Who the heck is gonna book those extra boxes to watch a League 1 club. He says we dont own the stadium, so why are we building the thing up?

Too many questions unanswered, fans not happy, prices up every year, team seems to worsen every year. It could be a long one.
  • edited August 2011
    Errrrr!!.....Michael Jackson statue behind a stand maybe, Now What kind of madman would want that....

THE HITMAN, FULHAM FOR LIFE, WHATEVER HAPPENS, LOL
  • edited August 2011
    In Response to Re: How to make your football club a laughing stock! Part 3!:
    Errrrr!!.....Michael Jackson statue behind a stand maybe, Now What kind of madman would want that.... THE HITMAN, FULHAM FOR LIFE , WHATEVER HAPPENS, LOL
    Posted by HITMAN_RV

lmao, wtf is all that about? Fair comment HITMAN. lol.

• edited August 2011
    In Response to Re: How to make your football club a laughing stock! Part 3! : lmao, wtf is all that about? Fair comment HITMAN. lol.
    Posted by DrSharp
    LOL, am used to it!!

We have a thing called ....'Fulhamish' at the Cottage, that sort of explains the Madness in many areas!!
  • edited August 2011
    I would take an army of Jacko statues surrounding Elland Road to get back in the Prem!

DrS good win last night but Hull were AWFUL and can't see us getting much against West Ham on Sunday who are blatantly cheating with their midfield! I remain to be convinced and yeah the East Stand development is a complete joke. It would so much easier to stomach with some decent investment in the squad. And have you read his quote today calling the protesters morons? What a complete ****.
  • edited August 2011
    Yep, its those morons who keep the club going. Nice way to treat your customers.

He's basically selling a rubbish product to the customers and then calling them morons for complaining. Beggars belief.
  • edited August 2011
    Take a large amount of money (10-15 Million) &
    give it to some dodgy old Swedish chap called

"SVEN"   

• edited August 2011
    make alot of money selling all good players and get kids in to play in arsene we rust
  • edited August 2011
    I would take an army of Jacko statues surrounding Elland Road to get back in the Prem! DrS good win last night but Hull were AWFUL and can't see us getting much against West Ham on Sunday who are blatantly cheating with their midfield! I remain to be convinced and yeah the East Stand development is a complete joke. It would so much easier to stomach with some decent investment in the squad. And have you read his quote today calling the protesters morons? What a complete ****.
    Posted by WHISKEYJAK
    I'm not sure if this is a level but in case it isn't just how do you come to the conclusion that we're cheating???

It's not our fault if no one's come in with a suitable offer for Parker & Noble & Collison were never going anywhere this year anyway. With the exception of Nolan & Taylor every midfielder we've got was with us last season (not that you'd have noticed much with the majority of their performances).
  • edited August 2011
    I think it was tongue in cheek silentbob. It is a heck of a midfield for this level.

I honestly thought Parker had gone. Cant believe nobody has been in for him. Arsenal need someone like him big time and he would be relatively cheap i would have thought.
  • edited August 2011
    I kinda thought that was the case but the problem with the written word is sometimes you just don't know.

I don't think it'll be long before Parker is offski. We're asking for 8m which is probably a bit steep. Realistically if we get around 6-7m then that's a fair price imo. People bang on about his age but as long as he's performing the way he does I don't see the problem. He's easily got another 3-4 years at the very top level left in him yet.

QPR offered us 3.75m for him the other day which I think is an insult quite frankly. But then even if they offered 6m & we accepted it would he really want to go there? I know it sounds a bit pretentious given that they're the ones in the top flight but if he did go there (or to a similar club for that matter) then he's highly likely to find himself in the same situation this time next year.

I agree, I think he's pretty much exact;y what Arsenal need right now but Wenger won't splash the cash. There's no point in going to Spurs cos they've already got about 5000 midfielders which just leaves a few of the established mid table sides & most of them don't have the money. I think he'd fit in well at someone like Everton or Villa but they've already gone public in saying they've no money to spend. Even if Chelsea were genuinely interested how much game time does he think he'll get. He'll certainly not be a first choice that's for sure. It wouldn't surprise me if he was still with us come September 1st (along with Green & Cole) & as long as he puts in 100% effort then that's fine with me & every other Hammers fan. If we keep players fit then we've an awesome squad for this level & with all respect to the sides in this division, we'd have no excuses for not getting automatic promotion.

With regards to Leeds though I gotta say I'm surprised to see them in the state they are. I really thought they'd kick on after last season but you seem to be going backwards. I don't think you'll be in a relegation battle this year cos there are far worse teams in the division but I can't see you being anywhere near the promotion picture either. I was kinda hoping we could nick Gradel off you but for a player in the final year of his contract 10m is a little steep. 3-4m maybe cos he's certainly proved himself at this level & I reckon he could do a job in the prem but defo no deal at 10m!
  • edited August 2011
    Aye Bob it was just a jest man, same point with Cardiff and Leicester last season with Bellamy and Yak. It feels unfair and I'm just jealous.
  • edited August 2011
    TBF Jak, Leeds looked bl0ody good today. Obviously I'm disappointed that yet again we couldn't see out the game at home but you well deserved that point.

The ref was awful though. Three good penalty shouts not given & the one he did give was soft (you don't get them too often). There were several tackles on both sides that warranted cards throughout the game, particularly the one on Parker (can't remember who it was though).

Keep hold of Gradel & Howson & you'll be alright playing like that. You might even make the play offs yet (although obviously I'd love us to take Gradel off your hands. I was worried every time he got the ball)
  • edited August 2011
    F A K Mi ol Boots!!

missus jus called me in to watch Big Brother!!

WE WIN HANDS DOWN!! LOL
  • edited August 2011
    Leeds' best performance of the season so far i think. Would of been really unlucky to lose that game. West Ham are one of the favourites to go back up this season and we really took the game to them.

Keogh played well. Gradel showed em what they coulda had if the tight gets had paid enough. Good performance, probably deserved the win to be honest but 2-1 down with no time left i cant complain.

If we play like that a large % of the season we wont be far away. Defence needs sorting quickly!!!

• edited August 2011
    Great game 2 v good teams, I thought Leeds just shaded it to be honest. If Leeds continue to play like that they wont be far off at least a play-off place at season end. This was hard to post being a Blade.