You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

BAD OR SLOW CONNECTIONS!!!!!!!!!!

edited October 2009 in Poker Chat
For everyone who play poker sites with a slow or bad connection, i now know for a fact that the problem lies within BRITISH TELECOM........( the dirty ratbags ). My broadband speed with sky is 10 meg, my laptop has 3 gig memory, so i should'nt be having problems, but i do, the reason for this is....( the dirty ratbags ) at bt, put a cap on everyones broadband from 5pm-12pm..........D'OH, 10 meg = 1meg  20 meg = 2 meg, now this is totally unacceptable, considering 2 meg is free. Sky have promised to help me with this issue, i'm expecting a phone call today.........so i will keep you posted.......cheers peeps.

Comments

• edited October 2009

Hi

I had a problem with the connection, it would intemitently disconnect and the internet light would go off and the after a whil re-connect, after a while they decided it could only be 1 of 2 things, either the wireless router, or the main BT socket in which the router is plugged, Sky sent me a new router which worked for a couple of days, then well you can guess.

It was then that Sky sent a BT engineer to check the phone socket and found that there was noise at the exchange, he stopped that and now have my fastest connection speed ever Download 76,111 and upload 796 kbps.

• edited October 2009
    Only problems i have is when i initially load the tables, if im multi-tabling it freezes the other tables and i can't do anything, the tables take about 10-15 seconds to load but once they are loaded i have no probs at all... I'm with BT, maybe they just love me :-)
  • edited October 2009
    Switch over to Sky broadband and phone package.

I have the freebie from Sky. 2 meg, I think, and have never suffered slow connection at all.

Phone line rental and calls a touch cheaper too and a free wireless router.

Sky Rich, can I have a months free subscription for the shameless plug?

No, seriously now, Sky have been superb. I used to be with virgin media, (when they were telewest) and the internet is the best around but the T.V. service is shocking.
  • edited October 2009
    In Response to Re: BAD OR SLOW CONNECTIONS!!!!!!!!!!:
    Only problems i have is when i initially load the tables, if im multi-tabling it freezes the other tables and i can't do anything, the tables take about 10-15 seconds to load but once they are loaded i have no probs at all... I'm with BT, maybe they just love me :-)
    Posted by FlashFlush
    My first table of the day is a bit slow but after that no probs.
    Sometimes get a problem when a second table doesn't load if I multi table (that's not very often though). Then i have to log out and back in again. Takes a few minutes, but I always was under the assumption this was an error with Sky.
  • edited October 2009
    Since I changed my laptop I have no problems whatsoever. Multi table and even other sites at the same time is no problem. A lot of the problems might be associated with your equipment. If it's very slow make sure you regularly delete your temporary internet files. A good registry mechanic will improve things too. If this was Sky's problem we would all have a problem, because we don't it suggests it's either your internet connection or your computer.