You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

QQ after minraise and 3bet

edited August 2011 in The Poker Clinic
No reads basically 1st hand I think.
Close Small blind   £0.05 £0.05 £1.36
Dudeskin8 Big blind   £0.10 £0.15 £9.90
  Your hole cards
  • Q
  • Q

KidBristow Fold        
keefey10 Call   £0.10 £0.25 £6.71
x Raise   £0.20 £0.45 £9.05
y Raise   £0.50 £0.95 £7.22
Close Fold        
Dudeskin8

Comments

• edited August 2011
    Just flat it see the flop and then re avaluate , but 2bh it gunan be tricky if flop comes a low one and then your faces with a pot bet only you can decide from then lol
  • edited August 2011
    horrible feeling in my stomach
    flat and close action
    have no idea why the guy is min raising UTG+1
    3 bet guy is a worry

3/4 c-bet any flop )

• edited August 2011

Let's make it £1.65 n get it in eh? :D
  • edited August 2011
    At 10NL here readless I'd prob go with 4b/c

rancid if we flat, why would we lead any flop. Also we dont close action
  • edited August 2011
    Well I wasn't crazy about the min 3bet but just felt my hand is too big to flat so raised with the intention of getting it in againt one opponant.
      Your hole cards
    • Q
    • Q

KidBristow Fold        
    x Raise   £0.20 £0.45 £9.05
    Close Fold        
    Dudeskin8 Raise   £1.80 £2.75 £8.10
    keefey10 Call   £1.80 £4.55 £4.91
    x All-in   £9.05 £13.60 £0.00
    y All-in   £7.22 £20.82 £0.00
    Dudeskin8
  • edited August 2011
    Very nasty decision readless pre flop without ure reraise , BUT now its all in or fold ya canny let it go imo soooooooo ship it and hope ya good , gl xxx
  • edited August 2011
    please tell me u didnt 4b/f QQ
  • edited August 2011

Ouch, i wouldn't like this spot with A's or K's. 5bet all in and a caller, i think i'm folding here. Youv'e got to believe your behind, it's a tempting call but is it worth stacking off?

Mac

• edited August 2011
    In Response to Re: QQ after minraise and 3bet:
    At 10NL here readless I'd prob go with 4b/c rancid if we flat, why would we lead any flop. Also we dont close action
    Posted by grantorino
    my bad do we not close action :s
    -  - still flatting and leading any questionable flop ) If I flop set then I can adapt - I am not 4bet calling a shove or 4bet folding so....

Also I have QQ, I am not check folding to a K or A high flop - rarther lead out as it's quite cheap and
    it wouldn't look weak, hopefully the opposite. If I have to b/f on the flop then so be it. Depending on flop but I could easily be getting it in or b/f, may even c/r shove.

• edited August 2011
    Against two I couldn't call...
      Your hole cards
    • Q
    • Q

KidBristow Fold        
    c Raise   £0.20 £0.45 £9.05
    Close Fold        
    Dudeskin8 Raise   £1.80 £2.75 £8.10
    keefey10 Call   £1.80 £4.55 £4.91
    c All-in   £9.05 £13.60 £0.00
    y All-in   £7.22 £20.82 £0.00
    Dudeskin8 Fold        
    keefey10 All-in   £4.91 £25.73 £0.00
    c Unmatched bet   £1.53 £24.20 £1.53
    keefey10 Show
    • A

c Show
    • A
    • J

y Show
    • K
    • K

Flop

• K

Turn

River

y Win Full House, Kings and 2s £22.80   £22.80
  • edited August 2011
  • edited August 2011
    Well gd fold this time but vs randoms is this optimal over time ?? dunno xx
  • edited August 2011
  • edited August 2011
    Hate the 4bet if you are folding to a shove. Also you need to be pretty sure they wont show up with worse pairs or AK here, as you only need 26% equity to call.

I dont mind not 4betting if you are not happy to get it in, but dont see any reason to 4b/f
  • edited August 2011
    i like the 4bet although i dislike the 4-bet fold.

Id amke a lot of notes on this mate. clearly good table selection long term.
  • edited August 2011
    LOL I was calling against one villain i.e the one who gets it all in pre w/AJ but when the other calls that all in after min3betting pre he has to have AA/KK imo, yes I could be clever and put one on AK and one on JJ but this just stank to me.

In future if this happens again ( oh god please do not let it ) then I'll just flat wiv JJ/QQ and only 4bet wiv KK/AA lol although even wiv KK I'm burning money as shown in my BBV thread.....
  • edited August 2011
    LOL I was calling against one villain i.e the one who gets it all in pre w/AJ but when the other calls that all in after min3betting pre he has to have AA/KK imo, yes I could be clever and put one on AK and one on JJ but this just stank to me. In future if this happens again ( oh god please do not let it ) then I'll just flat wiv JJ/QQ and only 4bet wiv KK/AA lol although even wiv KK I'm burning money as shown in my BBV thread.....
    Posted by Dudeskin8
    i really dont think flatting is good mate.
  • edited August 2011
    Well tbh I was stacking against ONE villain but when it's two it's not so clear cut, so would the general concensus be that a 4bet here is best but only call off against ONE villain or is flat ok as some posters have stated ?
  • edited August 2011
    LOL I was calling against one villain i.e the one who gets it all in pre w/AJ but when the other calls that all in after min3betting pre he has to have AA/KK imo, yes I could be clever and put one on AK and one on JJ but this just stank to me. In future if this happens again ( oh god please do not let it ) then I'll just flat wiv JJ/QQ and only 4bet wiv KK/AA lol although even wiv KK I'm burning money as shown in my BBV thread.....
    Posted by Dudeskin8
    I think you can flat if you want pre.

Why do you think other villain has to have AA,KK? Does he really fold AK, JJ here? . Also if opener folds are you getting it in v KK guy?.

Obv they sometimes have KK,AA but I'm not sure these guys ever 3b/f , and you dont need to be good that often to get it in
  • edited August 2011
    In Response to Re: QQ after minraise and 3bet : I think you can flat if you want pre. Why do you think other villain has to have AA,KK? Does he really fold AK, JJ here? . Also if opener folds are you getting it in v KK guy?. Obv they sometimes have KK,AA but I'm not sure these guys ever 3b/f , and you dont need to be good that often to get it in
    Posted by grantorino
    Yeah this is my thinkin here , at this level vs randoms if this is replayed 100 times surely its gotta be profitable ? xx
  • edited August 2011
    In Response to Re: QQ after minraise and 3bet : I think you can flat if you want pre. Why do you think other villain has to have AA,KK? Does he really fold AK, JJ here? . Also if opener folds are you getting it in v KK guy?. Obv they sometimes have KK,AA but I'm not sure these guys ever 3b/f , and you dont need to be good that often to get it in
    Posted by grantorino
    Yes and then I guess it's just a cooler but at least vs 1 villain there's a higher chance he can have JJ/AK.