You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

primo sat nearing the bubble

edited August 2011 in The Poker Clinic
I lost a race 2 levels ago and clawed back to 5ish BB's could I have waited for a better spot?
PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
thetodd62 Small blind  500.00 500.00 4567.50
clare1977 Big blind  1000.00 1500.00 4781.25
 Your hole cards

eebye Fold     
loki1 Fold     
djblacke04 Fold     
thetodd62 All-in  4567.50 6067.50 0.00
clare1977 Call  4067.50 10135.00 713.75
thetodd62 Show

clare1977 Show
  • A
  • K

Flop

Turn

• A

River

clare1977 Win Two Pairs, Aces and 2s 10135.00

Comments

• edited August 2011
    looks fine to me
  • edited August 2011

you say nearing the bubble how close are we to the bubble?

• edited August 2011
    I'm shoving 100% of my range here.
  • edited August 2011
    You shoved ure sb vs bb with any 2 cards and villian has very similar stack so ya played it perfectly , just ul he ad a monster xx
  • edited August 2011
    In Response to Re: primo sat nearing the bubble:
    you say nearing the bubble how close are we to the bubble?
    Posted by The_Don90
    I was 3 places off the bubble...
  • edited August 2011
    thanks for your comments guys
  • edited August 2011
    played perfect then ul. only reason i ask i that close to bubble the wider the range is.
  • edited August 2011
    thank you thedon90 everyone was playing uber tight at this stage and thought I could get away with a couple of moves
  • edited August 2011
    thank you thedon90 everyone was playing uber tight at this stage and thought I could get away with a couple of moves
    Posted by thetodd62
    The exact reason why i asked before answering. The closer we are the tighter the table is. You'll be suprised how many people fold AK there.
  • edited August 2011
    this isn't actually a bad spot
  • edited August 2011
    I take all points here but remember that the bb calling us with any2 as well. Cos they have a similar stack. So 83 is behind to 90% of hands. I would actually fold the 500 blind knowing i got 4500 left and button next hand... gives me 3 shots at finding a better spot before my BB and as rightly pointed out by others here, everyone will be playing tight at that stage. So maybe you could of moved on people who are not priced in to call and can throw away a big hand unless its a compulsory call. 

Just my 2 a penny and good luck to all at the tables.

Best regards,

PB
  • edited August 2011
    I take all points here but remember that the bb calling us with any2 as well. Cos they have a similar stack. So 83 is behind to 90% of hands. I would actually fold the 500 blind knowing i got 4500 left and button next hand... gives me 3 shots at finding a better spot before my BB and as rightly pointed out by others here, everyone will be playing tight at that stage. So maybe you could of moved on people who are not priced in to call and can throw away a big hand unless its a compulsory call.  Just my 2 a penny and good luck to all at the tables. Best regards, PB
    Posted by Poker__Boy
    thanks for your input there PB I am taking everyones veiws into consideration. I kind of knew at the time there were pros and cons for this move. I just wanted to here what people other thought.
  • edited August 2011
    In Response to Re: primo sat nearing the bubble : thanks for your input there PB I am taking everyones veiws into consideration. I kind of knew at the time there were pros and cons for this move. I just wanted to here what people other thought.
    Posted by thetodd62
    You are right mate. For some it may seem like an auto shove spot there but it can also be played the way I suggested. some might laugh and say that his "M" was below the auto shove range and with 500 in the pot already with 60/40 odds is auto shove terrority! I wanna be sticking it in potentially infront, especially when I know I can throw away 500 to see 3 more hands before my bb and then it really is AUTO shove terrority. I wannabe sticking it in with 83 to a stack who doesn't have to call. It is very interesting to hear everyones points and hopefully it has helped. 

regards,

PB
  • edited August 2011

I disagree poker boy the BB is not getting priced into call with any 2 as its for there tournament life, this is the perfect spot to shove as they should fold all hands but top 15% in theory. SB on BB unopened is a better spot then the button beacause you only have 1 person behind as opposed to 2.

WP OP keep making good plays around the bubble and im sure it will pay of. Unlucky

• edited August 2011
    It depends on how short the other small stacks are and how many runners are in the field. 

I'd fold 8 high here if it's big field and the lobby shows several stacks shorter than mine. 5BB isn't an urgently short stack in all satellite situations, the last time I played in the League Stars freeroll the average stack had dropped to 3.5BB on the bubble.
  • edited August 2011
    I disagree poker boy the BB is not getting priced into call with any 2 as its for there tournament life, this is the perfect spot to shove as they should fold all hands but top 15% in theory. SB on BB unopened is a better spot then the button beacause you only have 1 person behind as opposed to 2. WP OP keep making good plays around the bubble and im sure it will pay of. Unlucky
    Posted by YOUNG_GUN

I hear all points mate.... And I am sure a lot of players would disagree with me. You make a sound case for shoving like everyone has. I just tried to look at it differently to others as 700 chips separated both stacks. Once he shoves the other player is getting the price to call any2. Because they gotta put 500 SB next. The bb is now getting minimum 6/4 to call and it is unlucky that the bb woke up with AK for our friend who posted but they would still make the call with most hands at that price and most hands are beating 83. I hear your point that there are more players that are likely to call if we wait but at that stage out of position players are not calling unless it is a monster and whats to say that we dont pick up a monster ourselves. :) I would hope to pick up a better hand out of the next 3 hands I see, and if not, its going in before my BB gets round to me. I now got 1500 in the pot from the blinds and if I do get called from a non blind player... I got another 4.5k giving me around 13/8 for my play if the blinds fold. But I hear everyone that says be the first in and ask the question of them.... Was just trying to play devils advocate here.

Most important thing is our friend who posted gets to hear what different players think. I was not saying he done anything wrong I just gave an alternative play. His play was right in most eyes so it couldnt of been wrong :)

Good at the tables mate

• edited August 2011
    I completely disagree Poker_Boy simply because of the situation. 3 more people go out and the tournament ends. The BB calling range is VERY TIGHT.
  • edited August 2011
    I completely disagree Poker_Boy simply because of the situation. 3 more people go out and the tournament ends. The BB calling range is VERY TIGHT.
    Posted by The_Don90
    What??

This is the primo isn't it, not a satellite?
  • edited August 2011
    I think thats a valid explanation as is what Gary has said poker boy, just because my view is he should shove 100% of time here unless BB is calling often does not mean its correct either.

Good luck also and hope i dont ever get you in bb in these situation ;)
  • edited August 2011
    didnt notice it was a sat, if so I imagine if there are any really short stacks it might affect this decision. but yeah bb should fold nearly everything
  • edited August 2011
    didnt notice it was a sat, if so I imagine if there are any really short stacks it might affect this decision. but yeah bb should fold nearly everything
    Posted by grantorino
    me neither actually i thought it was Primo nearing bubble? i fold if satelite, if primo then i shove
  • edited August 2011
    I think thats a valid explanation as is what Gary has said poker boy, just because my view is he should shove 100% of time here unless BB is calling often does not mean its correct either. Good luck also and hope i dont ever get you in bb in these situation ;)
    Posted by YOUNG_GUN
    LOL... Nice come back mate! Liked your other post about how you got into poker by the way. 

Run well matey... see you on the tables soon.

• edited August 2011
    If its a sat , which it is then its a shove and if its the primo then its also a shove , eezzzee game sometimes ;))