You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Hmmmmm

edited August 2011 in Area 51

You simply have to laugh at how consistenly these type of hands occur

Hand 1: Flop Str8 lose
Hand 2: Woeful bluff called and very next card hits him.

But let me guess....i shouldnt be playing any of these hands right? The very convenient answer that is frequently trotted out

PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalancebaggsSmall blind 10.0010.00990.001267Big blind 20.0030.00980.00 Your hole cards64   baggsCall 10.0040.00980.001267Check    Flop  875   1267Bet 30.0070.00950.00baggsCall 30.00100.00950.00Turn  10   1267Bet 65.00165.00885.00baggsRaise 295.00460.00655.001267All-in 885.001345.000.00baggsAll-in 655.002000.000.00baggsShow64   1267Show96   River  A   1267WinStraight to the 102000.00 2000.00
PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalancebaggsSmall blind 15.0015.001115.001267Big blind 30.0045.00840.00 Your hole cards93   baggsRaise 75.00120.001040.001267Call 60.00180.00780.00Flop  283   1267Check    baggsBet 90.00270.00950.001267All-in 780.001050.000.00baggsCall 690.001740.00260.00baggsShow93   1267ShowK10   Turn  10 <td class="hhamt" style="padding-right:5px;padding-left:5px;font-weight:normal;font-size:0.9em;padding-bottom:7px;margin:0px;vertical-align:middle;color:#66

Comments

• edited August 2011
    Without being critical or confrontational bud it kind of seems as though youre ignoring the information at hand.  Your finding difficult spots and going up against alot of resistance.  Make it easier for yourself bud!
  • edited August 2011
    Lol your folding a flopped str8 in a turbo.?
  • edited August 2011

Very good call in hand 2. (standard 6 outer tho)

Hand 1 total cooler obv, although I'd be interested in why u didnt raise such a wet flop when he bets into you?

Also strange that u limp with hand 1 and open hand 2, v the same opponent with almost the same blinds, and almost the same hand and stack sizes?

Although 93s is technically a better starting hand, 64s plays alot better post flop.

Any reason for that?

Fed up of bickering with you, might as well try and eek abit of strategy out of u instead! Fair play if u don't wanna say, obv.

• edited August 2011

Prob should have been more active on flop in hand 1. Im sure you'll understand I dont want to post my strategy on here (not even sure I have one!)

• edited August 2011
    you solved your own problem in op........stop playing these hands!.......

• edited August 2011
    lol it's HU, he has to play the hands.

He played the 2nd 1 vvv well. Couldn't have played it much better, and it's not easy calling all your chips off on a 8high board with a pair of 3s, 9 kicker and being right....

The play should be applauded.

If anything, it's the game selection that should be questioned. As again for HU these hands r totally standard.

• edited August 2011
    In Response to Re: Hmmmmm:
    Lol your folding a flopped str8 in a turbo.?
    Posted by baggs
    I think your missing the point bud.  The question you should be asking yourself is what type of hand he'd lead 3bet jam turn with in a limped pot, that is super wet and called a flop bet.

You say "Lol your folding a flopped str8 in a turbo"?  I'd say lol to making this a reason to stop dynamically assessing a hand.

You dont have to go broke here, it seems like you find it unentertainable that your beat despit being played back at hard.
  • edited August 2011
    In Response to Re: Hmmmmm : I think your missing the point bud.  The question you should be asking yourself is what type of hand he'd lead 3bet jam turn with in a limped pot, that is super wet and called a flop bet. You say "Lol your folding a flopped str8 in a turbo"?  I'd say lol to making this a reason to stop dynamically assessing a hand. You dont have to go broke here, it seems like you find it unentertainable that your beat despit being played back at hard.
    Posted by AMYBR
    In fairness you would need an unbeleivable read to fold this 50 bb deep. He can do this with plenty of worse hands, even if hes a good solid player
  • edited August 2011

How is it consistantly happening this is two examples and you have prob played thousands of hands, the first is very UL but the second is just a badly played hand by the villain but the call isn't great either

• edited August 2011
    How is it consistantly happening this is two examples and you have prob played thousands of hands, the first is very UL but the second is just a badly played hand by the villain but the call isn't great either
    Posted by Batkin88
    I think the villains bluff works most of the time, and the op's call wins most of the time.

Why do you think both plays are bad?
  • edited August 2011
    In Response to Re: Hmmmmm : I think the villains bluff works most of the time, and the op's call wins most of the time. Why do you think both plays are bad?
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    Its pretty tough to say whether either are good are bad readless in a hu game. The only thing I would say about the call is that we dont fare that well against his draws, but calling may well be good here
  • edited August 2011
    lol it's HU, he has to play the hands. He played the 2nd 1 vvv well. Couldn't have played it much better, and it's not easy calling all your chips off on a 8high board with a pair of 3s, 9 kicker and being right.... The play should be applauded. If anything, it's the game selection that should be questioned. As again for HU these hands r totally standard.
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    oop's......missed it...but he can fold sb in first hand...then the raise from bb is ok in 2nd,but then he gets married to the hand..
  • edited August 2011
    In Response to Re: Hmmmmm : I think your missing the point bud.  The question you should be asking yourself is what type of hand he'd lead 3bet jam turn with in a limped pot, that is super wet and called a flop bet. You say "Lol your folding a flopped str8 in a turbo"?  I'd say lol to making this a reason to stop dynamically assessing a hand. You dont have to go broke here, it seems like you find it unentertainable that your beat despit being played back at hard.
    Posted by AMYBR
    I think maybe you're missing the point. Its a heads up turbo. I assume you understand how wide most peoples ranges are here. Cant ever see a fold being the best option long term (at this level and on this site)....Maybe im wrong tho, just my thoughts
  • edited August 2011
    lol it's HU, he has to play the hands. He played the 2nd 1 vvv well. Couldn't have played it much better, and it's not easy calling all your chips off on a 8high board with a pair of 3s, 9 kicker and being right.... The play should be applauded. If anything, it's the game selection that should be questioned. As again for HU these hands r totally standard.
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    Do you mean the type of game (i.e. turbo) or the opposition. I dont emply any form of opponent filtering. I just sit at the tables and play whomever appears. Too time consuming to wait for someone at the level I want to play at, who is of a worse standard - Might be a mistake but I figure volume may nullify a loss in roi