You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Really really unsure of this spot, thoughts please..5bet AIOF with giving zero FE definately being b

edited August 2011 in The Poker Clinic
A Friend is getting married next week so we put on a £100 FO 9 handed with 20% of prize pool going to him.  We've all played together live on and off for years, great game.  I got lucky in a critical pot then had a big enough stack to keep the pressure on and win.

Then we start cash 50/1.  Giving a semi rake to the wedding fund, 10% in pots above £10.

1st hand I get a case of run bad.  Everyone sits for £100, I find As10s in CO, friend calls brom BB, he's pretty drunk and we play on the same level so its always interesting.  Long story short I bet flop and turn on board of 10d2d3h10h.  He's been iching to get creative from the flop and goes for it at turn with a massive donkbet allin at turn.  I snap, he show 2hearts and binks.  Grrr.

Anywho the hand, just setting the tone as it plays into the hand alot.  I'm slightly steamed and have been running bad in general so just buy in for £50 as dont feel like funneling all the cash on me into the game throughout the evening.

UTG limps, UTG+2 I find JhQh.  Super laggy creative game I limp.  Folds round to button who makes it £2.  SB calls, BB calls, UTG limp calls and I call.

UTG is a Rock who does not know how to get value from a hand.
I'm what I am, dont know anymore!
Button is a spewbox that pays off light
SB Spewbox playing every hand who doesnt know how to get value when hitting
BB Really good player, normally a rock but is so drunk that is more interested in taking shots at people than playing well.

£10 in pot, all seats have me covered.  Qc 10h 6c

Opponents ranges are really wide here so am not really looking to lead, am happy to see who seems to bet for value or who is cheekily aiming at a pick up.  SB, checks, BB Checks, UTG checks, I decide to let one come off to bet a safe turn card or lose the minimum with a bit more clarity at turn.  However.......:P

Button opens £7, SB makes it £22, BB Flats the £22, UTG tanks then jams for £47 actions on me with a stack of £48 with TPDK and two back door draws.  Normally this is a pretty easy fold for me.  However Button easily has a hand like pocket 7's, SB easily has draws or a worse Q,  BB easily floating to open turn scare card., UTG not sure about at all.  Normally such an easily fold.

I dont think any seats (other than BB) are likely to fold so I will end up with about 4.5 on money (guesstimate just now) but I'm never a big fan of commiting when its apparently so clear your drawing so dead/thin.  The absoloute best hand I can range find is a set of 6's, next being Q10 and KJ.

I think I was still steaming following the hand mentioned at top, but with solid reads on regs are you happy getting it in behind here with the worst of it?  (Playing the wide backdoor draws)

Comments

• edited August 2011
    I really cant get my head around this but fold. I prefer either b/f or b/c on flop than checking if you intend to continue. Pre I either raise or fold, suppose limping not bad though
  • edited August 2011
    Think Limping is right in this particular game as your getting stationed in multiple spots, all but one player never re raising pre anyway, they'll flat any raise but wont 3bet.

Thing is though grantorino I was mostly looking to c/f I think.  Very unlikely to be good 5 way and would rather get it in in a spot with least resistance.  However if I choose to call here on flop I'm essentialy calling £48 to win £250, getting roughly 5/1 with top pair very questionable kicker and two viable back door draws.  If turn comes 9/k/A or any heart my hand hugely opens up, so there not terrible backdoors. 

Against people playing a higher standard my hand hits the muck quicker than a nun turns down ken dodd.  But there propably is only one hand here that I truly need to be worried about (see seat/player description).  With all the extra dead money in the pot surely I have to be relatively happy hoping to bink vs the one hand to be concerned with????

Like I said am not sure on this one, was on the fence for ages because their ranges are so wide.  Still dont know.
  • edited August 2011
    well I prob fold pre, cos I dont like playing hands oop that Im not happy with top pair at this kind of stack depth. Limping doesnt appeal to me, cos I end up limpcalling too much and even when I flop draws I m usually only getting to flip for my stack (I know you will disagree with me on this). For me fold>raise>limp, but thats partly cos I never limp and I dont play games like this often so I may well be wrong

Postflop as regards your backdoor draws , you are only 3.5% to hit the flush (did a really quick  rough calc there, it could be very  wrong), when you hit the straight its never the nuts and you will split or be beat a good % of time. I only get it in if I think my top pair is good

Also I realise this is a game between friends so you are prob going to play different than normal.
  • edited August 2011
    Yeah well said, I think I'm trying to justify the binkige after the fact :p

Called and find myself up agaisnt 88 A10 and KQ, I bink the J on river.

Bout a bad as spot as they come really :p

Hoping someone could give me the justification I couldnt provide for myself!! Twas a terrible call lol.

Thanks bud :p