You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Have i played this really weak on the river?

Me again lol. Line check please. I really felt i should have bet the river but this guy wasnt going away and although my notes said he calls alot, is it a reasonable play with just top pair good kicker to exercise 'small hand, small pot' play by checking the river and calling off any bet or is this totally butchered?

Hand History #403050686 (18:01 15/08/2011)

PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
june32 Small blind  £0.02 £0.02 £6.39
XAVIER57 Big blind  £0.04 £0.06 £4.14
  Your hole cards
  • A
  • Q

villainCall  £0.04 £0.10 £3.41
Biffder Fold     
DrSharp Raise  £0.20 £0.30 £4.27
harri666 Fold     
june32 Fold     
XAVIER57 Fold     
villainCall  £0.16 £0.46 £3.25
Flop

• J
  • A

villainCheck     
DrSharp Bet  £0.35 £0.81 £3.92
villainCall  £0.35 £1.16 £2.90
Turn

villainCheck     
DrSharp Bet  £0.58 £1.74 £3.34
villainCall  £0.58 £2.32 £2.32
River

villainCheck     
DrSharp Check     
villainShow
  • J

DrSharp Muck
  • A
  • Q

villainWin Two Pairs, Jacks and 5s £2.14

Comments

• edited August 2011
    I bet more on turn at least like 90p, then probably shove river, just be glad villain is scarybad lol
  • edited August 2011
    bet turn bigger, river shove might be ok at 4nl, but I dont mind the check
  • edited August 2011
    Indeed, bigger turn, shove river.

One thing I've noticed from alot of your threads (please don't take this the wrong way) but you've been reading a poker book or two and are trying to apply the new skills/techniques you've learnt to your game.

I've read a few books myself and it can be good for learning MTT strategies but in terms of cash, I assume you're starting with a small bankroll, building it up slowly at low levels (as you should, and as I am currently doing) and if that's the case, sadly alot of the techniques you'll be told in alot (not all) of poker books you will not be able to apply to 4NL as the players are just not good enough.

Someone needs to write a book, how to play "4NL cash on sky" (well, I'm sure it applies to other sites too) because it's just so different. Like I play so differently when I'm playing home games and I know I'm playing against people who know how to play the game.