You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

What would you do to stop diving in the game?

I hate diving, i would use video evidence and have a panel of 10 ex pro's (recently retired) to look at incidents and if 8 or more out of 10 agreed it was a dive then the player should be banned for 2 months or something. Its blatant cheating and should be punished heavily. Should stop it i would of thought.

Any ideas on rule changes or stuff?

Comments

• edited August 2011
    That's probably what I would do to try and stop diving too.

I'd also like players to act more like rugby players and stop answering the ref's back and arguing all of the time.

The way to stop this would probably be either to give out yellow cards or for the ref to make a note of the players who have done it during a match. Then again use video evidence to look back and hand out a ban.

I know the FA have tried to clamp down on this but the big teams still do it.
  • edited August 2011
    I watch a bit of Rugby League myself and now probably prefer it to football.

I'd like to see sin-binning in football. Just 10 minutes or something, would make the game much more interesting. If Rooney starts mouthing it off to the ref, the ref just gets out a green card or something and then he has to go and sit next to Ferguson for 10 minutes. He'd soon stop telling refs to f$@k off and stuff. Plus it gives the impetus to the other side for 10 mins and gives them a chance to attack which makes the game more entertaining than when teams like Stoke, Bolton, Villa who go to Man United, Chelsea and co and defend for 90 mins.
  • edited August 2011
    In Response to Re: What would you do to stop diving in the game?:
    I watch a bit of Rugby League myself and now probably prefer it to football. I'd like to see sin-binning in football. Just 10 minutes or something, would make the game much more interesting. If Rooney starts mouthing it off to the ref, the ref just gets out a green card or something and then he has to go and sit next to Ferguson for 10 minutes. He'd soon stop telling refs to f$@k off and stuff. Plus it gives the impetus to the other side for 10 mins and gives them a chance to attack which makes the game more entertaining than when teams like Stoke, Bolton, Villa who go to Man United, Chelsea and co and defend for 90 mins.
    Posted by DrSharp
    This is a great idea !
  • edited August 2011
    In Response to What would you do to stop diving in the game?:
    I hate diving, i would use video evidence and have a panel of 10 ex pro's (recently retired) to look at incidents and if 8 or more out of 10 agreed it was a dive then the player should be banned for 2 months or something. Its blatant cheating and should be punished heavily. Should stop it i would of thought. Any ideas on rule changes or stuff?
    Posted by DrSharp
    If you legalise fouling that would definitely work.
  • edited August 2011
    In Response to What would you do to stop diving in the game?:
    I hate diving, i would use video evidence and have a panel of 10 ex pro's (recently retired) to look at incidents and if 8 or more out of 10 agreed it was a dive then the player should be banned for 2 months or something. Its blatant cheating and should be punished heavily. Should stop it i would of thought. Any ideas on rule changes or stuff?
    Posted by DrSharp
    I agree with the panel idea but think where teams have gained an advantage from such action that the team in question should be deducted a point from there total. This I feel is the only way that this disgusting habit will be taken seriously by the clubs.
    Ray