You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

was the fold to tight???

edited August 2011 in The Poker Clinic
Hi guys and girls, just wanted to get your feedback on the below hand.

was the fold the right option in this situation,all criticisms,comments and commentaries welcome

thanks

PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance Small blind £0.25£0.25£44.29 Big blind £0.50£0.75£49.50 Your hole cards1010   player 1Raise £1.00£1.75£29.95 Fold    jesusdog22Raise £2.50£4.25£56.92Fold    player 2Call £2.25£6.50£42.04 Fold    player 1Call £1.50£8.00£28.45Flop  786   player 2Bet £2.50£10.50£39.54player 1Raise £9.00£19.50£19.45ps this is from an nl 50 game

I folded next to act,i did not want to show how the hand played out as i did not want this question to be results orientated.

Comments

• edited August 2011
    I think when this raise to £9 comes in he's only got £15 behind him ( as far as i can see) you either jam here or fold , its a fold for me xx
  • edited August 2011
    I agree with debdobs, got to be a shove or fold and it's a fold for me too.
  • edited August 2011
    Agree with the other two as I feel its jam or fold here

He only has another £19 back and my hunch is if you jam then the other player folds so your implied odds don't amount to much.

He has called your re-raise pre flop so likely holdings are AA,KK,QQ,JJ maybe AK but I presume you discount AK when he re-raises to £9

On that reasoning then I think you need the straight to win the pot and you don't have the pot odds to call a gutshot draw with little implied odds so I fold like the others.

I think you play it nicely and use your positional advantage to lose the minimum (because of the results oriented bit I presume a 9 came?)

Dave
  • edited August 2011
    Hi Dave,

well the 9 did actually come but i still would of lost

the fella that raised it 9 hit 2 pair on flop,i did thing my raise pre was slightly too low,if i raise another 1.50 he would of been out of the way.

still very glad that i folded because i would not of spotted the full house that he would of turned on me
  • edited August 2011
    In Response to Re: was the fold to tight???:
    I think when this raise to £9 comes in he's only got £15 behind him ( as far as i can see) you either jam here or fold , its a fold for me xx
    Posted by debdobs_67
    +1 i think your fold was correct reluctant as it has to be