You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

so many bad beats

edited August 2011 in Area 51

i think i must say that this site is worst site for getting bad beats! most of the time i get my chips across the line in front and 9 out of the 10 times when i do this i lose this is happening on to many occasions the worst hand seems to win %90 of the time is this just me??  am i doing something wrong ?? do i need to start going in behind to win ??  it's getting beyond a joke !! 

Comments

• edited August 2011
    The BEST thing to do is post some of these hands in the 'poker clinic' and maybe sometimes ure beats are avoidable
  • edited August 2011
    Bad beats happen to most of us and certainly me lol. But are you shoving when st8 draws or flush draws on the flop? Are you shoving with medium pk pairs pre? Are you shoving with AK or AQ pre lots of reasons could be the reason they seem like bad beats but they may not be. Dont shove till you know the other player has no more outs and you have the best hand! If its a runner runner or they hit a set over your bigger poket pair it happens to you and to them.

If you think its this site dont be fooled i get just as bad beats if not worse on all online sites if this isnt the case for you then why are you playing on this site go to the one that you dont get bad beats on lol
  • edited August 2011

I see by your profile you play live events so you know these things happen in poker generally.
    i was playing a £5 pub league tourniment tuesday night with my stepson we both went out with KK all in within 1/2 hour of each other him to 55 me to A3 who hit str to the 7. its just variance it just happens more online as players are much looser and call with a wider range.
    i would as previous posters have sudjested post some hands and also read up on %s