You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Should Kings be folded pre flop with a tonne of action in a DYM?

Hey peeps i was playing a low stakes double your money when the following situation occured:
PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
Garles Small blind  25.00 25.00 960.00
allinmikey Big blind  50.00 75.00 1725.00
  Your hole cards
  • K
  • K

SUPERSNEDD Raise  150.00 225.00 1790.00
database Call  150.00 375.00 1755.00
Watman Fold     
WildDog Raise  600.00 975.00 1880.00
Garles Fold     
allinmikey Fold     
SUPERSNEDD All-in  1790.00 2765.00 0.00
database All-in  1755.00 4520.00 0.00
Now this was a 1 quid dym where i wanted to check out the structure not having played one before. I just thought it would be interesting to know what more experienced DYM players think about whether having a perceived edge on the other players would make you think about folding. Im not really talking about £1 DYMs applying the same situation to say a £10/20 one. I realise the ranges of the opponents and the amount of edge that you think you have would change as the buyins increased.

Thanks for all responces, xxx

Comments

• edited October 2009
    Recently posted a similar comment on another thread, Check it out.

Although not being the bubble makes a different slant on this.

All in for me. assuming both players have either got a pair or a big ace I would go for it. If they both have big aces, then thats one less ace to worry about.

If you fold kings here on a one quid game then you play far too tight.

• edited October 2009

I usually play the 30 and 60p DYM and once doing well enough then go into doing the £1 DYM. Even in this situation at the top end of a sit and go budget for me (unless doing very well for that day as i work my way up usuing that days winnings, have a low BR you see) i would be exclined to shove, i know the temptation there is sit back at let one of 5 opponents go out, all u need to survive is two more.

If you do go all in, you likley win the hand (well id say around 70% obviously i dont have your oppentents cards to go by) which winning boosts you up to 5425 chips. As i see here there as 6 players still on the table. meaning theres also just 4 left once youve one. With Garles as small id say your a shoe in to be in at least the top 3 after that. I teand to find 6000 chips is the garenteed sit back and watch mark on a DYM as you have half the chips in play.

If you lose, you still lose on opponent, and are left wqith 180 chips, just over a BB chances are ypou lose a big hand like that, before you BB hits, youll hit a treble up and creep slowly into the game.

• edited October 2009
    Hi WildDog,

My advice, is NEVER fold pocket K's pre-flop to anything and push with them if forced to.

Doesn't matter waht tourney you are in.

If you lose with your pocket K's and go out early then that is bad luck and you move on.

pocket K's is a great hand and my advice is to alway be aggressive with any great hand in any situation.

i am just about to write a post on premium hands ;)