You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

2 runner / new player freeroll

edited October 2009 in Poker Chat
There's a couple of threads doing the rounds about new player freerolls. Id like to give my opinion. My 1st game for sky last year was a £500 vegas chips freeroll, i came 3rd won £45 and have been enjoying poker here ever since. There is a ROPOKER freeroll tomorrow with £150 first prize and 2 £33 primo entries, making a total pot of £216. At the same time the shed freeroll for £250 is on for everyone to enjoy.All the major sites offer ever greater incentives for new players, its called business. Its not skys fault there are only 2 registered. Last week i played a £5.50 entry £50 guaranteed tourny and only 2 of us registered, it still ran. Now i like a freebee as much as the next person, however some people seem to be getting obsessed with something for nothing. Just look at the sheds free to enter competitions, people cheating to get a £5 tourny entry, If i get a freebee, thats great, if not then its still ok, no probs. My last point is jealousy will get you nowhere, for the 2 players contending the ropoker freeroll nice one and good luck to ya both. 

Comments

• edited October 2009
    Too true mate, when I got here I didnt even qualify for the new player bonus.

I'm not concerned about it. If Sky use this to drum up new meat then that's great for the rest of us.

Don't feed the fish is an expression used, but personally we need more fish in the tank.

Freerolls have no interest to me at all but saying that, I don't begrudge new player freerolls or the fact I missed out on a few freebies. My account is healthy enough without resorting to playing for three hours to win 15p.

No doubt if there are only 2 players at kick off, sky will not run it tomorrow and defer it for another time when there are more runners.
  • edited October 2009
    I never got offered a new player FR either but again its all about sky making business, good on them. Although mentioned on an earlier thread, i have a small BR so would not apply to me, but i would like to see the people who are on sky everynight playing poker (win or lose) getting a little thanks.

Its all good realling in the fish, but keep the fish is another thing all together.
  • edited October 2009
    Ive just noticed that the ropoker freeroll seems to have disappeared, i wonder if the 3 players that were registered will get some other form of incentive because of this, after registering with sky.
  • edited October 2009
    its got nowt to do with registering for sky, its for the readers of ropoker and pokernews etc

hope this helps
  • edited October 2009
    In Response to Re: 2 runner / new player freeroll:
    its got nowt to do with registering for sky, its for the readers of ropoker and pokernews etc hope this helps
    Posted by webby234
    ffs im gonna get a decades subscription tomorrow lol
  • edited October 2009
    In Response to Re: 2 runner / new player freeroll:
    its got nowt to do with registering for sky, its for the readers of ropoker and pokernews etc hope this helps
    Posted by webby234
    i get it monthly no invite so rubbish webby
  • edited October 2009
    the pokernews freeroll was for the readers of pokernews, i assumed the ropoker would be the same