You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Call or Fold?

edited August 2011 in The Poker Clinic
KKripplerSmall blind £0.05£0.05£21.60marcus191Big blind £0.10£0.15£48.57 Your hole cardsQQ   coco521Fold    pokaaliceCall £0.10£0.25£4.15SeizerCall £0.10£0.35£12.70stevemug2Raise £0.60£0.95£13.10KKripplerRaise £2.55£3.50£19.05marcus191Fold    pokaaliceCall £2.50£6.00£1.65SeizerCall £2.50£8.50£10.20stevemug2All-in £13.10£21.60£0.00KKripplerFold    pokaaliceAll-in £1.65£23.25£0.00

Comments

• edited August 2011
    Dont play Cash Games much at all, not entirely comfortable yet, would never ever fold in stt's or mtt's with this hand, but thought at these levels nit up, and wait to get paid. 

Only just joined table so no reads, just want to know if its a fold or call.I have three betted opponent, and he's seen two calls and still goes all in, so felt his all in was high pair or at worse Ace King. Any advice much appreciated or possible hand range.
  • edited August 2011
    LOL I play here too and would hate this spot although after 3betting you probably have to call as could easily be AK played strong.

EDIT : Ignore fact I 4bet folded QQ pre lol
  • edited August 2011
    In Response to Re: Call or Fold?:
    LOL I play here too and would hate this spot although after 3betting you probably have to call as could easily be AK played strong. EDIT : Ignore fact I 4bet folded QQ pre lol
    Posted by Dudeskin8
    lol i was gonna say the same thing ;)) i think ya folded correctly kkrippler
  • edited August 2011
    Yes apologies four bet. What i was wondering was would opponents do this play with lower pairs or even ACE QUEEN. It honestly felt like an easy fold at the time, just felt i needed to hit a queen to win, which was worringly tempting.
  • edited August 2011
    call, if you are not calling dont 3bet readless
  • edited August 2011
    call, if you are not calling dont 3bet readless
    Posted by grantorino

I dont know if i neccesarily agree with that statement. Surely by re rasing i wean out all high card combos and middle suited connecters. The only way i can define and narrow his range is by re raising. If i just flat call i allow multiple callers and i dont want to play queens oop multiway, and by re raising allows me to fold to a possible superior hand., just my thoughts
  • edited August 2011
    Only worried about stevemug obviously, you have to put just over a tenner in to win 23 quid with one to act. Sounds reasonable to me if you manage your bankroll correctly, i think i'd risk it.
  • edited August 2011
    In Response to Re: Call or Fold? : I dont know if i neccesarily agree with that statement. Surely by re rasing i wean out all high card combos and middle suited connecters. The only way i can define and narrow his range is by re raising. If i just flat call i allow multiple callers and i dont want to play queens oop multiway, and by re raising allows me to fold to a possible superior hand., just my thoughts
    Posted by KKrippler
    Why do you want highcard combos and suited connectors to fold ?

Narrowing his range with QQ is not great if you narrow it to a range that beats you.

I dont like 3b/f the 3rd nuts without a very clear read he calls with a wide range of worse hands and only raises better hands
  • edited August 2011
    Folding wasnt the right word, but not giving oppenents the right price to call with their less then premium hands. I dont like 3b/f at all, it just felt like i was flipping or drawing thin. But granted readless, i should probably call. So dis regarding the result, folding is a bad play in general,as DR SHARP says Im always getting the pot odds, and he doesnt have to have an over pair in this spot.
  • edited August 2011
    Over the last 8 months that ive played cash seriously ive found that QQ usually does not play that well vs 2 callers that are all-in and not that very well either vs 1 all-in oppo
  • edited August 2011
    the 6x raise pre suggests to me he is either competent or has a big hand

depending on past play, if i think the former i raise and call re-raise, the latter you could fold or call and shove if no A or K