You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Bet here?

edited August 2011 in The Poker Clinic
X is a REG

Y play just one table no other reads as yet.

berliner Small blind   £0.05 £0.05 £10.00
x Big blind   £0.10 £0.15 £35.91
  Your hole cards
  • J
  • Q

Jo_Oxo Fold        
Dudeskin8 Raise   £0.30 £0.45 £30.22
Stutter8 Fold        
y Call   £0.30 £0.75 £6.73
berliner Fold        
x Call   £0.20 £0.95 £35.71
Flop

• Q
  • J

x Check        
Dudeskin8 Bet   £0.71 £1.66 £29.51
y Call   £0.71 £2.37 £6.02
x Call   £0.71 £3.08 £35.00
Turn

• K

x Check        
Dudeskin8

Comments

• edited August 2011
    Ouch nasty card that and lookin at stack sizes x ya can handle , y could be a prob to ya , im never bettin here vs 2 oppos as they have odv called with sumfink
  • edited August 2011
    I prob fold pre, opening prob ok too

wow, horrible card, I' m leaning towards c/f, maybe b/f 
  • edited August 2011
    I like to bet here as if i check it opens it up to a bluff so i continue the story for one more street, make it 2 quid. Fold to a raise.
  • edited August 2011
    i probz b/f but it's quite marginal, don't think there's anything wrong with c/f
  • edited August 2011
    Can I ask by the way Dude... quite often you have notes on people that they only play 1 table, how do you know this, just via talking to them? Or do you search for them on the software? Do you think it's a good idea to search for people in the 'Find a Player' to see what else they're up to?
  • edited August 2011
    Yh well basically every time I load a table up first thing I do is search for all players sitting near or over 100 bb's to see if they play more than 1 table, if so they should be a REG and hence NOT someone I want to play, I make a note of this and can then use it next time. For example if I join a table with like 4 REG's and just one FISH I usually always leave as there's just no money there.
  • edited August 2011
    Very interesting, although I'd probably like to see them do it a couple of times. I play multi-tables when I'm doing serious grinding but sometimes I just wanna relax and play 1 table. So if someone saw me at that point, they could think I only play 1 table (I could make that same mistake when I'm looking at someone on my table).

But still very interesting, I'm gonna start doing it now.
  • edited August 2011
    Oh yh also if I see someone only playing one I don't record this as of course people change and get better potentially but once they've played more than 1 going back usually never happens well in cash at least.

But on average playing one table is typically for fun/don't care about the money and hence they play loose donate money easily.
  • edited August 2011
    I don't think its wise to completely avoid "regs" I play 4 tables at 20nl (30nl and 40nl sometimes) and whilst there is still plently of fish/short stackers, I am happy to have regs on the table. At this level a lot the regs tend to be pretty tight, which you can exploit in position by 3 betting light or floating.

The looser regs (which I am probably one of) can also be exploited if you recognise them.

I think it is also v important to be aware of your own table image v regs (because they are the only ones who notice your betting patterns) i win a lot of pots because of a looseish image, loose players really do get paid more for their big hands imo
  • edited August 2011

you can bet/fold here, player dependant tho! works best v tight oppo imo, check fold is another option since you can only beat a bluff.

You have about 8% equity if you beat, not good you cant call any turn bet.....

.....ugliest turn card in the deck lol

• edited August 2011
    In Response to Re: Bet here?:
    I don't think its wise to completely avoid "regs" I play 4 tables at 20nl (30nl and 40nl sometimes) and whilst there is still plently of fish/short stackers, I am happy to have regs on the table. At this level a lot the regs tend to be pretty tight, which you can exploit in position by 3 betting light or floating. The looser regs (which I am probably one of) can also be exploited if you recognise them. I think it is also v important to be aware of your own table image v regs (because they are the only ones who notice your betting patterns) i win a lot of pots because of a looseish image, loose players really do get paid more for their big hands imo
    Posted by mattless
    Good for you mate but for me I'd rather play 5 awful players who barely know the rules than possibly trying to play poker with people who can bluff you etc.

This is NL10 of course so there is usually always good amounts of fish to be had but clearly as you move higher up that percentage gets lower and then the game becomes more about 'balancing ranges' 'fancy stuff' etc but right now I will NEVER willingly stay on a table with REGs if I dont have to lol