You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Human Rights

edited August 2011 in The Shed
"Human Rights" are saying 4 years is to stiff of a sentence for people trying to incite riots. I say the death of innocent people during the riots was to high of a price to not give them such a stiff sentence!

Comments

• edited August 2011

U the man dohhhhhhnut!
  • edited August 2011
     "Human Wrongs"
  • edited August 2011
    Scummy criminals who belong in jail and now they are there problem solved. If it wasn't for this it would be something else the kind of people who think starting a riot would be fun aren't the sort you want living in your neighbourhood anyway
  • edited August 2011
    In Response to Human Rights:
    "Human Rights" are saying 4 years is to stiff of a sentence for people trying to incite riots. I say the death of innocent people during the riots was to high of a price to not give them such a stiff sentence!
    Posted by Donut64
    6 months in jail for rioter stealing bottles of water.
    Hundreds of MP's that embezzled hundreds of thousands of tax payers money in abused parliamentary privilges. Nothing. No worries.
    Yes everything is always fair and clear cut.
  • edited August 2011
    In Response to Re: Human Rights:
    In Response to Human Rights : 6 months in jail for rioter stealing bottles of water. Hundreds of MP's that embezzled hundreds of thousands of tax payers money in abused parliamentary privilges. Nothing. No worries. Yes everything is always fair and clear cut.
    Posted by BLACK_MASS
     I agree its one rule for some and another rule for others!
     I think inciting violence which can end up in the loss of life is a serous crime and should be treated so!
     The bottle of water incident is a whole different matter!
  • edited August 2011
    In Response to Re: Human Rights :  I agree its one rule for some and another rule for others!  I think inciting violence which can end up in the loss of life is a serous crime and should be treated so!  The bottle of water incident is a whole different matter!
    Posted by Donut64
    Hmmm ok i can see your point.
    However i imagine the real reason for the riots weren't simply because someone on facebook told them to do it.
    There may also be some underlying social and economic causes ?
    Imprisoning facebookers for expressing a viewpoint can have serious implications irrespective of how antisocial those views appeared.
    I don't think that a heavy-handed judicial backlash is the solution to all of the problems ?
    What do you reckon ?
  • edited August 2011
     I agree that cuts to services for the people most at need and treating certian members of society as lesser beings certanly prevoked the problems in London in particular, but letting others of lite, that just want to prevoke violence for fun or their own personal gain can not be tollerated IMO.
     I think everyone as a right to express their oppinions, but not to try to prevoke others into violant acts that can put themselves and others in danger.
     People should be working to try to change things for the better not destroying their own nieghbourhoods and making their fellow mans life a misery!
  • edited August 2011
     I agree that cuts to services for the people most at need and treating certian members of society as lesser beings certanly prevoked the problems in London in particular, but letting others of lite, that just want to prevoke violence for fun or their own personal gain can not be tollerated IMO.  I think everyone as a right to express their oppinions, but not to try to prevoke others into violant acts that can put themselves and others in danger.  People should be working to try to change things for the better not destroying their own nieghbourhoods and making their fellow mans life a misery!
    Posted by Donut64
    Yeah sure. I was slightly concerned that widespread jail time might make the problems worse in the future. Also quite costly to the taxpayer. Money that may be better invested in improving local communities ? The response was unimaginitive and  typical of a Conservative administration probably trying to reasure the Daily Mail readers in a publicity exercise that speaks greatly of retribution but little about justice in the main.
    Our riots were driven a great deal by economic factors tho. This can be viewed as a world-wide trend.
    I guess we live in a world where politicians will NEVER condemn bankers and themselves for these problems, i wonder why ?
    On a lighter note something that amused me ( rightly or wrongly ) concerning the riots were some of the responses in the media. I forget who was involved but i witnessed a genuine conversation on one of the news channels. Somebody was remarking that these riots were less legitimate than the Brixton and Toxteth riots of the 80's because they lacked a sincere political agenda. Rioter integrity ? Interesting moral query.
    That struck me as the same kind of nostalgia which says the Krays were gentlmen murderers that only killed their own kind unlike the naughty gangsters of today that have no respect for any sort of decency.
    Nostalgia ain't what it used to be  :)