You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

HAPPENING ALL THE TIME!

edited August 2011 in The Poker Clinic
History #403940660 (02:08 18/08/2011)
PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
iclegg Small blind  £0.05 £0.05 £6.04
bludreid11 Big blind  £0.10 £0.15 £3.10
MUFC-CLINT Big blind  £0.10 £0.25 £4.90
  Your hole cards
  • A
  • Q

arnie57 Call  £0.10 £0.35 £6.26
MUFC-CLINT Raise  £0.40 £0.75 £4.50
Wakey_S Fold     
AJ_Rockets Fold     
iclegg Call  £0.45 £1.20 £5.59
bludreid11 Fold     
arnie57 Call  £0.40 £1.60 £5.86
Flop

• Q

iclegg Check     
arnie57 Check     
MUFC-CLINT Bet  £1.60 £3.20 £2.90
iclegg Fold     
arnie57 Call  £1.60 £4.80 £4.26
Turn

arnie57 Check     
MUFC-CLINT All-in  £2.90 £7.70 £0.00
arnie57 Call  £2.90 £10.60 £1.36
arnie57 Show
  • K

MUFC-CLINT Show
  • A
  • Q

River

• J

arnie57 Win Flush to the King £9.80

What can i do here?? this is happening 2 me alot, infact 4 times tonight, it sickening

Comments

• edited August 2011
    Quite standard with your stack size, sit with full buy in
    On flop is was basically a flip
  • edited August 2011
    his pot size was the pretty much the same as mine and a call with K2 of a raise of 40p!? i could understand maybe somone who was playing with a £20 stack and was fishing but we both had small money!?

maybe i should of gone all in on the flop but i still think with sick players on here he would of called?
  • edited August 2011
    In Response to Re: HAPPENING ALL THE TIME!:
    his pot size was the pretty much the same as mine and a call with K2 of a raise of 40p!? i could understand maybe somone who was playing with a £20 stack and was fishing but we both had small money!? maybe i should of gone all in on the flop but i still think with sick players on here he would of called?
    Posted by MUFC-CLINT
    I think you played the hand fine
    you know when the money goes in, you're roughly only a 65% fave, probz a bit bigger, villain has gut shot, over card and flush draw
  • edited August 2011
    you WANT people calling with these hands and you WANT them calling your bet on the flop and all in on the turn

you got unlucky this time, but over time, you should be raking it in
  • edited August 2011
    i know you want people calling you but i had a least 4 of these last night and lost them all!
    i had JJ, 4 folds guy just called so i raised, he re raised to like a quid, so thought QQ KK AA? so thought fold of shove so shoved all in and he called with AJ off suit!? A come on the turn!

then got AA, some guy raised it i called all in guy called with K6 off suit!! flop come KKK! just sickening!

i just think pokers turning into like a roullette? i blame all thses tv programmes who just show u all the mint hands were someone has won with 7 2 off suit and people think u shud play any hand
  • edited August 2011
    I don't think I've heard anything more stupid on the clinic (though I haven't been here that long). Poker has not become like roulette, none of the basic concepts, or odds have ever changed, they are unchangeable fundamental laws.

You've had some bad luck, it does tend to come in runs, as does the runs of good luck. Surely there must be a time you've  got your chips in with AQ, been up against AK and hit the Q, everyone does it.

The Sky Poker Channel certainly does not advocate 'playing any hand'. If someone wants to keep calling with 72 off suit, then enjoy it because you're going to win the majority of pots.
  • edited August 2011
    Bad beat yaaaaaaawwwwwnn
  • edited August 2011
    yeah i underdstand what your saying but playing AQ against AK is a fair hand! playing against K2 and K6 is a joke! thats were my opinion on it being a poker roullette come in! why would anyone play K2 against a raise out of position! why would they go all in pre flop with K6??

dont agree on it being a bad bad, a bad beat is 2 of you flopping trips of KK vs AA not some idiot playing any cards! you must agree you see it all the time, people playing with any ace! plus it happened 5 times last night so its not a one off! last night i was raising pre flop with AK and getting 3 or 4 calls with people having J2 Q3 K2! its a joke! people blame the site, o thats sky poker! its not the site its poker roullette players
  • edited August 2011
    yeah i underdstand what your saying but playing AQ against AK is a fair hand! playing against K2 and K6 is a joke! thats were my opinion on it being a poker roullette come in! why would anyone play K2 against a raise out of position! why would they go all in pre flop with K6?? dont agree on it being a bad bad, a bad beat is 2 of you flopping trips of KK vs AA not some idiot playing any cards! you must agree you see it all the time, people playing with any ace! plus it happened 5 times last night so its not a one off! last night i was raising pre flop with AK and getting 3 or 4 calls with people having J2 Q3 K2! its a joke! people blame the site, o thats sky poker! its not the site its poker roullette players
    Posted by MUFC-CLINT
    Well for a start, someone flopping trip Ks and someone else flopping trip As isn't a bad beat, that's what some may call a cooler, when the hands just play themselves. A bad beat is where for instance, one person has a straight on the turn, the other has 2 pair, and he only has 3 outs to win the hand, and he gets one of them.

But a bad beat by it's very nature is something that doesn't (in the grand scheme of things) happen very often. The reason it's a bad beat is because it's so unlikely that it will happen but it does.

I dunno about you but I want to have my chips in the pot when it's very unlikely my opponent is going to hit what he needs to win.
  • edited August 2011
    this looks like NL4 lol...enough said
  • edited August 2011
    I don't think I've heard anything more stupid on the clinic (though I haven't been here that long). Poker has not become like roulette, none of the basic concepts, or odds have ever changed, they are unchangeable fundamental laws. You've had some bad luck, it does tend to come in runs, as does the runs of good luck. Surely there must be a time you've  got your chips in with AQ, been up against AK and hit the Q, everyone does it. The Sky Poker Channel certainly does not advocate 'playing any hand'. If someone wants to keep calling with 72 off suit, then enjoy it because you're going to win the majority of pots.
    Posted by Lambert180
    Soz BUT i disagree , there is sooo much of this goin on at the mo that its really crazy BUT i agree if im in front i DO want these fools callin xx
  • edited August 2011
    For a start sit wiv a full BI rest is perfect, someone OL K2, C 4x R pre, C off wiv FD what else do you want ?
  • edited August 2011
    yeah i underdstand what your saying but playing AQ against AK is a fair hand! playing against K2 and K6 is a joke! thats were my opinion on it being a poker roullette come in! why would anyone play K2 against a raise out of position! why would they go all in pre flop with K6?? dont agree on it being a bad bad, a bad beat is 2 of you flopping trips of KK vs AA not some idiot playing any cards! you must agree you see it all the time, people playing with any ace! plus it happened 5 times last night so its not a one off! last night i was raising pre flop with AK and getting 3 or 4 calls with people having J2 Q3 K2! its a joke! people blame the site, o thats sky poker! its not the site its poker roullette players
    Posted by MUFC-CLINT
    Perhaps they'd been watching the EPT Champion of Champions 2011 so think K2s is the bizzniss.    Poor Vicky ;-)

• edited August 2011
    In Response to Re: HAPPENING ALL THE TIME! : Perhaps they'd been watching the EPT Champion of Champions 2011 so think K2s is the bizzniss.    Poor Vicky ;-)
    Posted by NoseyBonk
    Lol yes, I seen that, felt so sorry for her. It's one thing to get outdrawn by a moron making a bad call, but to get outdrawn when you're basically called by accident.