You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

TP Q kika facing donkbet with player behind

edited August 2011 in The Poker Clinic
Zero reads other than player plays 1 table.
x Small blind   £0.05 £0.05 £8.84
habbin Big blind   £0.10 £0.15 £10.78
  Your hole cards
  • K
  • Q

BigFlic85 Fold        
Dudeskin8 Raise   £0.30 £0.45 £9.55
fisher02 Call   £0.30 £0.75 £9.90
kelticsmum Fold        
x Call   £0.25 £1.00 £8.59
habbin Fold        
Flop

• K

x Bet   £0.50 £1.50 £8.09
Dudeskin8

Comments

• edited August 2011
    I haven't tried this level yet but you and others have said it's essentially the same as 4NL, so if it was the same situation at 4NL I'd be re-raising. There's a massive number of hands in his range that you're beating. You want him to put the money in while he still has a chance of hitting, rather than trying to get it in on the turn when he only has 1 card to come and is less likely to take the chance.

By the way, what is the definition of a donkbet, loads of people seem to talk about donkbets all the time, but each time I see them, they all seem to be very different. Is it just something people say when they don't know what the bet means?
  • edited August 2011
    I think I just flat here. If you raise I think you've got to make it ~£1.80-£2 & if he calls & a danger card comes on the turn I think you end up folding most of the time. Plus I would bear in mind that whatever I do there's still one more to act behind me as well.

Without any reads I flat & re-evaluate on the turn.
  • edited August 2011
    In Response to Re: TP Q kika facing donkbet with player behind:
    I haven't tried this level yet but you and others have said it's essentially the same as 4NL, so if it was the same situation at 4NL I'd be re-raising. There's a massive number of hands in his range that you're beating. You want him to put the money in while he still has a chance of hitting, rather than trying to get it in on the turn when he only has 1 card to come and is less likely to take the chance. By the way, what is the definition of a donkbet, loads of people seem to talk about donkbets all the time, but each time I see them, they all seem to be very different. Is it just something people say when they don't know what the bet means?
    Posted by Lambert180
    A donkbet is when someone who called oop on a previous street leads into the player who had the betting lead. Prob so named because lots of bad players used to minbet lead on the flop after flatting pre. Some good players like to lead sometimes though, its just a term, doesnt mean person doing it is a donk

I would flat because I'm not sure I do very well against his continuing range and player behind can call wider when we flat.