You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

PLEASE HELP ME!

This keeps happening 2 me all the time what am i suppose 2 do about it!? feel sick right now its happening constanly!

History #403940660 (02:08 18/08/2011)
PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
iclegg Small blind  £0.05 £0.05 £6.04
bludreid11 Big blind  £0.10 £0.15 £3.10
MUFC-CLINT Big blind  £0.10 £0.25 £4.90
  Your hole cards
  • A
  • Q

arnie57 Call  £0.10 £0.35 £6.26
MUFC-CLINT Raise  £0.40 £0.75 £4.50
Wakey_S Fold     
AJ_Rockets Fold     
iclegg Call  £0.45 £1.20 £5.59
bludreid11 Fold     
arnie57 Call  £0.40 £1.60 £5.86
Flop

• Q

iclegg Check     
arnie57 Check     
MUFC-CLINT Bet  £1.60 £3.20 £2.90
iclegg Fold     
arnie57 Call  £1.60 £4.80 £4.26
Turn

arnie57 Check     
MUFC-CLINT All-in  £2.90 £7.70 £0.00
arnie57 Call  £2.90 £10.60 £1.36
arnie57 Show
  • K

MUFC-CLINT Show
  • A
  • Q

River

• J

arnie57 Win Flush to the King £9.80

Comments

• edited August 2011
    Haven't you already posted this somewhere else?

It's called variance, you want him to keep calling because he's only going to get a spade or a K about 1 in 4 so 3 times out of 4, you'll win this and be very happy. You just happen to have experienced the one time when he did get it.
  • edited August 2011
    only thing i can suggest is that you shove on the flop to stop him chasin and hitting his flush. thats what he was after and after he saw the 2 spades was no way he was coming off it! punish players like this by shoving and not giving them reason to call. If they do so be it they just get lucky for playing badly that 1 time you win most times.

other tactic is to just check it see what comes out on the turn then make desision if no spade and shove then a lot of players are more likley to call an all in with 2 cards to come rather than 1 on the turn when on flush draw i find.
  • edited August 2011
    In Response to Re: PLEASE HELP ME!:
    only thing i can suggest is that you shove on the flop to stop him chasin and hitting his flush. thats what he was after and after he saw the 2 spades was no way he was coming off it! punish players like this by shoving and not giving them reason to call. If they do so be it they just get lucky for playing badly that 1 time you win most times. other tactic is to just check it see what comes out on the turn then make desision if no spade and shove then a lot of players are more likley to call an all in with 2 cards to come rather than 1 on the turn when on flush draw i find.
    Posted by Dazler
    i agree with what u say  but i would add if b4 the hand started u reload bk2 afull buy in of £10.00 put fullpot bet in and he is more likley 2 fold  on the turn  but hard make fold when got big drw allbest next time 
  • edited August 2011
    In Response to Re: PLEASE HELP ME!:
    In Response to Re: PLEASE HELP ME! : i agree with what u say  but i would add if b4 the hand started u reload bk2 afull buy in of £10.00 put fullpot bet in and he is more likley 2 fold  on the turn  but hard make fold when got big drw allbest next time 
    Posted by dimspal
    Villain has better odds on flop than on turn, so if he calls there, he'll call on any street regardless.
  • edited August 2011
    If I was playing this hand, I'd have 3/4-pot bet the flop, £1.20.

You have the As meaning if either of your opponents has a flush draw, if they hit on the turn you have the re-draw, if they don't, you have more chips to shove in on the turn with TPTK (£3.30 into £4), giving them a worse price. 

If he calls on the turn, it's a bad call with a flush draw.
  • edited August 2011
    Sit with full buy-in or play lower where you can.

Dont post BB until its your turn.

Nice bet on flop, then got your money in as a favourite. nh unlucky.