You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

UK Cash Game - Hand for analysis

edited August 2011 in The Poker Clinic
Hi all,

Over the past few weeks I've watched a lot of the hands from the UK Cash Game and I think there are a few which deserve a bit of analysis. If you're up for it, I'd like to add this video as the first in the series of clips we'll watch, and then offer our thoughts on.

UK Cash Game: Hand Analysis #1 - Wayne Rideout vs Jamie Burland.

Some points for discussion: (feel free to add your own angles, too!)

- What do we think of the action post flop?
- Could Burland have extracted more earlier in the hand?
- How aboot the bet sizing on the river?
- What kind of hand do you think Burland puts Gliterbabe on here?
- Do we think Wayne's fold on the river is profitable in the long run?

I am going to PM Gliterbabe too to see if he'd care to come on the thread and discuss the hand with us, but no promises on that front.

Right folks, gogogogogo!

Comments

• edited August 2011
    There was obviously a lot of feel involved in the hand and I believe a lot more money would have got in if this was played online. Firstly when you look at this it is an incredibly solid fold, moreso when you consider that gliterbabe was losing this session as it was, so I have to commend his discipline. Breaking down the hand further the fold begins to make a lot more sense, how often is Jamie going to run a single street bluff on that board, I would say a very low %.. So what hands does he RAISE the river with, more specifically raise to that amount, I feel like a bare queen would just be calling or raising smaller for thin value, the same goes for the flush a smaller flush. I don’t think gliterbabe had him on a flopped house, but the way the hand played out Jamie can have a lot of small-mid pairs that house up on the turn or river.    Obviously gliterbabe picked up on something through out the hand, I’d put this down to a great live read.  With regard to the profitability of the fold, over time I think yes. The best plays are the plays where somebody does something that seems -ev over time, but in isolation is the correct play. Fwiw I think if jamie folded and channing popped the river he probably calls it off.