You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Should I have folded?

edited August 2011 in The Poker Clinic
Just started at this table and had no reads. Was I right to fold or should I have just gone all in?

PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalancethethirdpoSmall blind £0.02£0.02£4.11MsScarlettBig blind £0.04£0.06£1.24 Your hole cardsJK   tosca21Call £0.04£0.10£3.63robtherobFold    marvin1978Call £0.04£0.14£5.29thethirdpoCall £0.02£0.16£4.09MsScarlettCheck    Flop  10JK   thethirdpoBet £0.16£0.32£3.93MsScarlettCall £0.16£0.48£1.08tosca21Fold    marvin1978Raise £0.32£0.80£4.97thethirdpoRaise £1.12£1.92£2.81MsScarlettAll-in £1.08£3.00£0.00marvin1978Raise £1.92£4.92£3.05thethirdpoFold    marvin1978Unmatched bet £0.96£3.96£4.01MsScarlettShowAJ   marvin1978ShowKA   Turn  8   River  7   marvin1978WinPair of Kings£3.66 £7.67

Comments

• edited August 2011
    Dont like the limp into the pot with this hand , raise or fold it , as played once youve hit the flop this massive i think youve gotta believe ure good and get it in here
  • edited August 2011
    WOW

Now for analysis, DO NOT limp pre RAISE or FOLD, raise should be to 20p minimum.

As played on flop, good pot bet on wet board, when minraised you make massive reraise which is also good after this you DO NOT fold you call and win the hand pretty much 100% of the time.
  • edited August 2011
    raise pre
    i'm not folding flop after you 3-bet - i'd probz 5bet shove
  • edited August 2011
    Thanks for the help.

Yeh wasn't too sure about limping in preflop, KJ is one of those hands which i'm never too sure about.

If it was just one person i would have called but as there were two I had convinced myself that one of them must have had AQ.
  • edited August 2011
    Raise pre.

If you think about it, A,Q shouldnt be here as even at NL4 most people raise pre flop with that hand. 

Insta call the shove.
  • edited August 2011
    I'll play devils advocate here
    Think the make up from the SB is ok going multi way with KJ - nice broadway cards for possible good end str and if the flop comes J or K high you get value from a weaker hand.
    Look at the other two players in the hand they got AK & AJ and they have limped, beware they do limp with hands at this level :s Kinda goes against what I am saying a bit but the majority of the time your KJ will go good to make the SB limp fine, you will be holding the better end str or better kicker more often than not.

Plus you don't want to be raising from the SB with such a mariginal holding, check calling from SB is a better way to extract some value from a weaker kicker holding or idiot end str.

BTW shove flop, don't raise to £1.12
    Once you have raised to £1.12 - do not fold please do not fold

• edited August 2011
    Sorry mate limping is WEAK if they have limped with a monster you'll soon find out if you raise pre as they'll probably do the donkey M3bet after limp. If you don't raise then you got to the flop blind and even flopping TP it's hard to tell if you're definetly ahead.

Always raise here or if don't like it just fold.
  • edited August 2011
    always have to raise for value pre
  • edited August 2011
    As stated ALWAYS
  • edited August 2011
    im happy 2 make up here, i think raising will get u in2 more tricky spots oop, than completing will, u aint always goin 2 flop top 2

obv neva folding on that flop thou
  • edited August 2011
    naa, when OOP you can easily value town yourself )
    Playing mariginal hands OOP in a inflated pot is never good

you raise pre and still get called by a passive KQ,AK - king high flop and your leading out for supposed value or are you more likely to c/c - it's not a given K10,K9 is the hand your against

AK i am raising pre 100% here ---

KJ is better IP then yeah raise for various reasons :)