You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Did I play this right?

edited August 2011 in The Poker Clinic
PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalanceDestiny33Small blind£0.02£0.02£1.54findyBig blind £0.04£0.06£3.61 Your hole cardsA10   ELVISFold    thethirdpoRaise £0.20£0.26£5.09XBOOZYX125Call £0.20£0.46£0.73Destiny33Fold    findyFold    Flop  J5Q   thethirdpoBet £0.35£0.81£4.74XBOOZYX125All-in £0.73£1.54£0.00thethirdpoCall £0.38£1.92£4.36thethirdpoShowA10   XBOOZYX125ShowQQ   Turn  2   River  9   XBOOZYX125WinThree Queens£1.77 £1.77

Comments

• edited August 2011

It's fine, but I might c-bet like 2x the pot, 84p or sumthin.

Of course I'm never folding my hand, but I'd rather he fold and I win it right here.

He's probably more likely to fold a pair if I overbet than if I make a normal bet, but don't worry about it, you played it good.
  • edited August 2011
    Thanks, is it good practice to always overbet a big draw like this then do you think?
  • edited August 2011
    In Response to Re: Did I play this right?:
    Thanks, is it good practice to always overbet a big draw like this then do you think?
    Posted by thethirdpo
    My plan here is due to his stack size.

You can see he's only playing 80p - ish, so if we bet, and he calls, we have to lead the turn again. If we miss on the turn, we still have to bet, but only have 1 card to make our hand rather than 2.

So if we get all the money in on the flop, we're going to make our hand around 48% of the time. If we can make him fold alot of hands too, then I think this is the better play at this level.

If he has a full stack it's totally differen't and I would make the same bet that you made.
  • edited August 2011
    Yh as he's short stacked you're never folding on this flop so just try and bet enough to get it in so just shove imo.
  • edited August 2011
    In Response to Re: Did I play this right?:
    It's fine, but I might c-bet like 2x the pot, 84p or sumthin. Of course I'm never folding my hand, but I'd rather he fold and I win it right here. He's probably more likely to fold a pair if I overbet than if I make a normal bet, but don't worry about it, you played it good.
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    The range of hands he folds that we dont beat already is pretty small, also I think he prob folds 77 etc to a normal size bet if he folds to a shove on a drawy board. Also its easier for worse draws to shove if we bet small. Prob doesnt make much difference though