You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

bounty hunters or regular tourney's?

edited October 2009 in Poker Chat
personally i like the freeze out style better,stops people from making strange moves when they are just looking for a quick bounty.

Comments

• edited October 2009
    Hi

I agree with you. The BH tournaments tend to get very agressive players just looking for a chance to win a bounty.
    The deepstack tournament are the best games to play as you get to play proper poker.
  • edited October 2009
    every format has its place. Variety is the spice of life and all that. Classically the deepstacks suit more skilful players, but if you're on a bad run it can be welcome to be able to finish 300th and still make a profit in a bounty hunter. I'd say BH's suit more aggressive styles. Personally I prefer regular tourney's, but bounty hunters are clearly popular on the site and fill up quickly - in a way, they're more fun I suppose.  
  • edited October 2009
    I want to try the deepstack (going to need to get some BR before i can though) however ive played a few £2 + 20p bounty hunters and i enjoy them. However i hate the aggressive play of someone looking to take a bounty.