You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Range of hands you select to play late in a tourney....

edited August 2011 in The Poker Clinic
HI All,
I know I'm improving, but having reviewed my hand selections which I played in the DTD last night when down to the last 15/20 I realise that in relation to the players around me I possibly keep my range too tight.  e.g. I ditched J10s in one hand whilst in the next someone called me with K6o when I had JJ.   
I do realise this is stack size, game & table specific. I also realise people tighten up around the bubble.
I am just after some general rules/suggestions/ideas etc. 

pad

Comments

• edited August 2011
    well a lot of the times you open its prob going to depend a lot more how likely you are to get folds than what your actual holding is. I dont know the circumstances of when you ditched JTs, but shallow stacked its not a great hand to call with, you can prob open sometimes or bluffshove over someone who opens a lot but has a fold btn.
  • edited August 2011
    Im never calling a j10s in the late stages. If you can open with it from a decent position then maybe worth a play depending on the reads you have on the blinds. I imagine that the guy calling with k6o was either a big stack or an idiot or both