You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

limped multiway pot in BB flopping nuts facing SB lead. Readless NL4

edited August 2011 in The Poker Clinic
As title says. How much do u raise here?
PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
chefben07 Small blind  £0.02 £0.02 £3.05
The_Don90 Big blind  £0.04 £0.06 £4.04
 Your hole cards

swinian Call  £0.04 £0.10 £2.38
tony011 Fold     
aldo1977 Fold     
KIPKOP99 Call  £0.04 £0.14 £4.45
chefben07 Call  £0.02 £0.16 £3.03
The_Don90 Check     
Flop

chefben07 Bet  £0.12 £0.28 £2.91
The_Don90 Raise

Comments

• edited August 2011
  • edited August 2011
    I prob make it 40p
  • edited August 2011
    yeah i probably raise between 35-40p enough to keep him around and get 3 streets of value as opposed to pot betting and instantly losing action
  • edited August 2011
    TBH m8 this is 4nl so if he has two pair/trips or two spades hes calling anything so for me either call and run away if flush or house board comes in or jam the lot in close eyes and prepare for a big fist pump or lots of swearing
  • edited August 2011
    In Response to Re: limped multiway pot in BB flopping nuts facing SB lead. Readless NL4:
    TBH m8 this is 4nl so if he has two pair/trips or two spades hes calling anything so for me either call and run away if flush or house board comes in or jam the lot in close eyes and prepare for a big fist pump or lots of swearing
    Posted by BADBOY985
    if people are drawing you want them to pay, you also want to build the pot so you can bet bigger on the turn and get it in on the river - so calling would be v.bad imo
    this would be v.bad imo, you're saying he should shove £4 into a 28p pot? he's losing all value for his hand, he's flopped the nutz, he wants to keep players in, let them draw, let them call with TP, as long as you're giving them a bad price you'll win most of the time
  • edited August 2011
    You can bet whatever u want here as long as it's not too small.

Love nl4 :D
  • edited August 2011
     This is a typical run of the mill hand in NL4 and you will see lots of people limping in with complete garbage hoping to hit miracle cards and stacking off with marginal holdings.

At this level if you shoved here th calling range would be 2 pair flushdraw gutshot (K4 A5 type hands) as well as top pair weak kicker( J7 72 etc.),So for me i see no reason to not shove here because you have a high chance of being called by someone chasing a miracle.

If it were a higher level i would probably raise to about 3-4 times the bet in order to keep my customer whilst watching for scare cards.
  • edited August 2011
    I make it around 40p. You wanna get max value without losing your customer.
  • edited August 2011
    In Response to Re: limped multiway pot in BB flopping nuts facing SB lead. Readless NL4:
    In Response to Re: limped multiway pot in BB flopping nuts facing SB lead. Readless NL4 : if people are drawing you want them to pay, you also want to build the pot so you can bet bigger on the turn and get it in on the river - so calling would be v.bad imo this would be v.bad imo, you're saying he should shove £4 into a 28p pot? he's losing all value for his hand, he's flopped the nutz, he wants to keep players in, let them draw, let them call with TP, as long as you're giving them a bad price you'll win most of the time
    Posted by percival09
    100% agree with all you say but you cannot  get away from the fact this is 4p nl and although my advice is not good poker advice it is what will happen at this level
  • edited August 2011
     This is a typical run of the mill hand in NL4 and you will see lots of people limping in with complete garbage hoping to hit miracle cards and stacking off with marginal holdings.   At this level if you shoved here th calling range would be 2 pair flushdraw gutshot (K4 A5 type hands) as well as top pair weak kicker( J7 72 etc.),So for me i see no reason to not shove here because you have a high chance of being called by someone chasing a miracle.      If it were a higher level i would probably raise to about 3-4 times the bet in order to keep my customer whilst watching for scare cards.
    Posted by Talon
    +1
  • edited August 2011
    As long as you don't fold or call you'll be ok here, also obvz don't just minraise lol