You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Have to fold?

edited August 2011 in The Poker Clinic
Both seem pretty stationy from recent hands, limp any hand call any raise etc.
y Small blind   £0.05 £0.05 £5.70
noose_one Big blind   £0.10 £0.15 £8.64
  Your hole cards
  • Q
  • Q

chefben07 Fold        
jamboGJ Fold        
x Call   £0.10 £0.25 £10.60
Dudeskin8 Raise   £0.40 £0.65 £10.13
y Call   £0.35 £1.00 £5.35
noose_one Call   £0.30 £1.30 £8.34
x Call   £0.30 £1.60 £10.30
Flop

• K

y Bet   £0.30 £1.90 £5.05
noose_one Fold        
x Call   £0.30 £2.20 £10.00
Dudeskin8

Comments

• edited August 2011
    Yeah, i would say so. A bet and a call increases the chances of one of em having it. You cant get married to your hand i'm afraid.
  • edited August 2011
    You love them poker cliches don't ya DrSharp. Obviously watching too much poker tv lol.

Does your bet sizing change much from 4NL to 10NL Dude because I didn't think it would and if it was 4NL I'm definitely raising alot more than 4X with QQ. I hear there's still loads of fish at 10NL and 4X isn't going to get rid of junk hands so I dunno how strong a hand actually is to call 4x pre, especially when you've said they're stations.
  • edited August 2011
    In Response to Re: Have to fold?:
    You love them poker cliches don't ya DrSharp. Obviously watching too much poker tv lol. Does your bet sizing change much from 4NL to 10NL Dude because I didn't think it would and if it was 4NL I'm definitely raising alot more than 4X with QQ. I hear there's still loads of fish at 10NL and 4X isn't going to get rid of junk hands so I dunno how strong a hand actually is to call 4x pre, especially when you've said they're stations.
    Posted by Lambert180
    Its that bloomin' Tikay! lol
  • edited August 2011
    You love them poker cliches don't ya DrSharp. Obviously watching too much poker tv lol. Does your bet sizing change much from 4NL to 10NL Dude because I didn't think it would and if it was 4NL I'm definitely raising alot more than 4X with QQ. I hear there's still loads of fish at 10NL and 4X isn't going to get rid of junk hands so I dunno how strong a hand actually is to call 4x pre, especially when you've said they're stations.
    Posted by Lambert180
    Why should he raise more pre to get rid of junk hands? you want junk hands to play
    4X is ok IP with 1 limper
    fwiw i'd fold 
  • edited August 2011
    In Response to Re: Have to fold? : Why should he raise more pre to get rid of junk hands? you want junk hands to play 4X is ok IP with 1 limper fwiw i'd fold 
    Posted by percival09
    Well yeah you want junk hands in but you don't want it 4way or 5way with junk hands because its very unlikely you're queens are going to hold up. Alot of the time, making it bigger not only reduces the field to say 3way maybe HU where you're more likely to win AND you've bet bigger so you've increased the size of the pot (which you intend to win) so you can bet bigger down the streets.
  • edited August 2011
  • edited August 2011
    In Response to Re: Have to fold? : Well yeah you want junk hands in but you don't want it 4way or 5way with junk hands because its very unlikely you're queens are going to hold up. Alot of the time, making it bigger not only reduces the field to say 3way maybe HU where you're more likely to win AND you've bet bigger so you've increased the size of the pot (which you intend to win) so you can bet bigger down the streets.
    Posted by Lambert180
    raise for value not to get players to fold :S the worse the players are the more you can raise
    you want them to play with worse hands, his raise sizing of 4x is fine, 3x @NL10 is standard.
  • ybyb
    edited August 2011
    call and hit a queen imo