You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Midweek footy betting (23rd/24th)

edited August 2011 in Betting Chat
I wasn't gonna have a bet on the Carling cup games as there's just too many pitfalls with weakened teams & all that but I decided to have a little fun & go for a small stakes long shot

Palace to beat Crawley (H) @ 13/10
Norwich/MK Dons - Both to score @ 8/13
West Brom to beat Bournemouth (A) @ 4/5
Brighton (+1) to beat Sunderland (H) @ 8/15
Northamton (+1) to beat Wolves (H) @ 11/10
Leicester to beat Bury (A) @ 11/10
Leeds to beat Donny (A) @ 13/10

These 7 potentially pay a whopping 103/1 so only a quid for a bit of fun.

Palace are priced too big for being the home side. Yes, Crawley have started well but Palace have a good home record.
Norwich are likely to field an under strength side this evening but Paul Lambert will still have them out attacking. MK Dons have goals in them & the game could go either way but I think they'll be goals.
West Brom will make changes but quite simply I just couldn't ignore this price. Whoever comes in will do a job for Hodgson & although I don't expect them to batter Bournemouth I think they should get the win in 90 minutes on the South coast.
Brighton have started life at the Amex Stadium well. They've won 2 & drawn 1 of the 3 games played there so far & I expect them to run Sunderland close. By backing them with a goal start you've effectively got two bets with the home win or draw.
Wolves will make plenty of changes for their trip to Northampton & this is why I'm backing the Cobblers with a goal start. They got past Ipswich in the last round on the road & they can certainly at least run Wolves close here.
Bury have got off to a good start to life in league 1 but I think they're likely to come undone at home to Leicester. The Foxes will be desperate to get back to winning ways after 2 defeats & a draw in their last 3 games & Sven will want to get back on track tonight. They put out a strong side at Rotherham in the last round & it's likely they'll do so again. Plus this price is way too big!
Leeds got a well deserved point in East London on Sunday so come into this game full of confidence. Donny still have pretty much their entire first team out (OK, so maybe a slight exaggeration but they've got a lot of injury problems) & the 13/10 is massive.

Good luck if you're having a go tonight but as ever don't be surprised by any results in the cup!

Comments

• edited August 2011
    In Response to Midweek footy betting (23rd/24th):
    I wasn't gonna have a bet on the Carling cup games as there's just too many pitfalls with weakened teams & all that but I decided to have a little fun & go for a small stakes long shot Palace to beat Crawley (H) @ 13/10 Norwich/MK Dons - Both to score @ 8/13 West Brom to beat Bournemouth (A) @ 4/5 Brighton (+1) to beat Sunderland (H) @ 8/15 Northamton (+1) to beat Wolves (H) @ 11/10 Leicester to beat Bury (A) @ 11/10 Leeds to beat Donny (A) @ 13/10 These 7 potentially pay a whopping 103/1 so only a quid for a bit of fun. Palace are priced too big for being the home side. Yes, Crawley have started well but Palace have a good home record. Norwich are likely to field an under strength side this evening but Paul Lambert will still have them out attacking. MK Dons have goals in them & the game could go either way but I think they'll be goals. West Brom will make changes but quite simply I just couldn't ignore this price. Whoever comes in will do a job for Hodgson & although I don't expect them to batter Bournemouth I think they should get the win in 90 minutes on the South coast. Brighton have started life at the Amex Stadium well. They've won 2 & drawn 1 of the 3 games played there so far & I expect them to run Sunderland close. By backing them with a goal start you've effectively got two bets with the home win or draw. Wolves will make plenty of changes for their trip to Northampton & this is why I'm backing the Cobblers with a goal start. They got past Ipswich in the last round on the road & they can certainly at least run Wolves close here. Bury have got off to a good start to life in league 1 but I think they're likely to come undone at home to Leicester. The Foxes will be desperate to get back to winning ways after 2 defeats & a draw in their last 3 games & Sven will want to get back on track tonight. They put out a strong side at Rotherham in the last round & it's likely they'll do so again. Plus this price is way too big! Leeds got a well deserved point in East London on Sunday so come into this game full of confidence. Donny still have pretty much their entire first team out (OK, so maybe a slight exaggeration but they've got a lot of injury problems) & the 13/10 is massive. Good luck if you're having a go tonight but as ever don't be surprised by any results in the cup!
    Posted by silentbob
    I thought we would do well aswell!

In truth, we played some nice stuff and matched Wolves in the passing and movement game, but we were once again very poor at the back and Wolves were solid in that department.
  • edited August 2011
    Yeah I heard you were playng well & according to reports you didn't deserve to lose 4-0.

I'll be having another £1 long shot tonight. Just waiting for some concrete team news to come in first.
  • edited August 2011
    Again, only very small stakes on a very big long shot for a bit of extra fun tonight

Udinese/Arsenal - Both to score @ 4/5
    Bolton (-1) to beat Macclesfield (H) @ 4/6
    Blackburn to beat Shef Weds (H) @ 1/2
    West Ham (-1) to beat Aldershot (H) @ 10/11
    Liverpool (-2) to beat Exeter (A) @ 21/10
    Peterborough/Middlesbrough - Both to score @ 4/7
    Sheff Utd (+1) to beat Everton (A) @ 13/8
    Bristol City to beat Swindon (H) @ 10/11

These 8 potentially return a Gary Neville face smacking 209/1.

As I say, it's only for an extra bit of fun & I got closer than I expected last night.
  • edited August 2011
    In Response to Re: Midweek footy betting (23rd/24th):
    Again, only very small stakes on a very big long shot for a bit of extra fun tonight Udinese/Arsenal - Both to score @ 4/5 Bolton (-1) to beat Macclesfield (H) @ 4/6 Blackburn to beat Shef Weds (H) @ 1/2 West Ham (-1) to beat Aldershot (H) @ 10/11 Liverpool (-2) to beat Exeter (A) @ 21/10 Peterborough/Middlesbrough - Both to score @ 4/7 Sheff Utd (+1) to beat Everton (A) @ 13/8 Bristol City to beat Swindon (H) @ 10/11 These 8 potentially return a Gary Neville face smacking 209/1. As I say, it's only for an extra bit of fun & I got closer than I expected last night.
    Posted by silentbob
    lol, quality.

If this bet comes in, or even comes close to coming in, you've gotta use that en again.
  • edited August 2011
    Gone for the Toon to get their carling cup run under way with a win over scunthorpe 4/6. we will probably put out a weaker team but still think we will win especially against a team yet to win this season out of four league games, Alan Pardew also said he is taking the cup seriously.
  • edited August 2011
    In Response to Re: Midweek footy betting (23rd/24th):
    Gone for the Toon to get their carling cup run under way with a win over scunthorpe 4/6. we will probably put out a weaker team but still think we will win especially against a team yet to win this season out of four league games, Alan Pardew also said he is taking the cup seriously.
    Posted by BIGAL118
    Now there's a reason not to back Newcastle tonight. Looking at the teams Newcastle have certainly put out a starting 11 that should get the job done but tbf to Scunny, they've had some tricky fixtures to start the campaign so if Newcastle do win I don't expect it to be a walk in the park.

• edited August 2011
    Bit gutted we didn't get the job done during the 90mis because win bets don't count for extra time.