You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Mis-interpreted reads

edited December 2009 in Poker Chat
I often use sub-titles when watching tv programs and saw the following during this week's Poker Million heat.

The online qualifier Daniel Bowden was heads-up against the very strong Yevgeniy Timoshenko.

Neil Channing's recommended strategy for Bowden was translated as:

"Don't play smallpox".

Is this newspeak for "picking his spots?".

Anyone got any more of these or mis-heard commentaries?

Comments

• edited October 2009
     I cant remember any actual ones at the moment but there are some real beautys when sid waddel is commentating on darts. I think the poor guy doing the subtitles just gives up
  • edited October 2009
    I mind of your example there MereNovice, i didnt have the subtitles on and it sounded rather like it. My TV give subtitles anytime is on Mute, however i usually use the SKY pause Button as a result never see them so i have to appoligise ive never seen any.
  • edited October 2009
    Not really, but I do distictly remember a weather girl stating 'to expect a good couple of inches in the night!' when I was young.

She was referring to snow but broke down with laughter so much she couldn't finish her report.
  • edited November 2009
    In this week's World Open V.

Luke Schwartz interview commenting on Yevgeniy Timoshenko.

"He's obviously a World Class player."

was sub-titled as:

"He's obviously a well cast player."

Personally, I think that a well cast player was John Malkovich as Teddy KGB in "Rounders".
  • edited November 2009
    Ahh rounders..... The film that started my spiral into poker madness lol
  • edited December 2009
    Well, the speech recognition software went into meltdown during last night's first semi-final of the Poker Million.
    My favourites involved "check-raising". Here are two samples:

That's a cheque wheezing flop.

You know how happy <Juha Helppi!!! /> is not folding.
    Where is he between Czech cuisine and calling?