You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Sky Poker tournaments rigged? - No, just more like a lottery.

edited August 2011 in Area 51
Anyone who believes or claims that Sky Poker is random is deluded, their living in cloud cuckoo land … or perhaps work at Sky Poker! We've all won a tournament every now and again and we've certainly lost too many to mention.  I know you can’t win them all but it’s the way the cards and hands are dealt out which clearly shows that the site is NOT random.  However, like fools we still play the tournament hoping that our poker skills will give us a much needed win – who are we kidding! Now I’ve only been playing on this site for a little while but my theory about the general tournament play goes something like this; ·         The RNG chucks all player names into a hat at the start of a tournament and picks the winner, runner-up etc.  You just have to hope it’s your turn. ·         Every blue moon when you are one of the lucky ones you hit the river pretty much every time, you can call pre-flop with 3c & 10h and hit a full house or throw any sh!t out there and of course make that straight – this time it could be you! ·         If it’s not your time then you can always spot the player whose turn it is. They’re already on 22,000 chips whilst everyone else is on 3,000 – you might as well give up now, those pocket Aces won’t help you! ·         If it’s a rebuy tournament then you might have a chance to change the RNG’s mind and turn things back in your favour - only after giving sky that little bit more of your money though! 

Goodbye Sky Poker.

Comments

• edited August 2011
    Well your arguments have certainly convinced me! how could anyone disagree now?
  • edited August 2011
    In Response to Sky Poker tournaments rigged? - No, just more like a lottery.:
    Anyone who believes or claims that Sky Poker is random is deluded, their living in cloud cuckoo land … or perhaps work at Sky Poker!   We've all won a tournament every now and again and we've certainly lost too many to mention.   I know you can’t win them all but it’s the way the cards and hands are dealt out which clearly shows that the site is NOT random.   However, like fools we still play the tournament hoping that our poker skills will give us a much needed win – who are we kidding!   Now I’ve only been playing on this site for a little while but my theory about the general tournament play goes something like this;   ·          The RNG chucks all player names into a hat at the start of a tournament and picks the winner, runner-up etc.   You just have to hope it’s your turn.   ·          Every blue moon when you are one of the lucky ones you hit the river pretty much every time, you can call pre-flop with 3c & 10h and hit a full house or throw any sh!t out there and of course make that straight – this time it could be you!   ·          If it’s not your time then you can always spot the player whose turn it is. They’re already on 22,000 chips whilst everyone else is on 3,000 – you might as well give up now, those pocket Aces won’t help you!   ·          If it’s a rebuy tournament then you might have a chance to change the RNG’s mind and turn things back in your favour - only after giving sky that little bit more of your money though!   Goodbye Sky Poker.
    Posted by jb840
    Sorry but this doesn't make sense on so many levels. The early chip leaders in any tournament rarely go on to win the tournament. Check out the results and you will see I'm right. Often those early chip leaders have large amounts of luck, whether that is getting good hands, good flops or just hitting their outs. In all the years I've played I've never seen this last for any prolonged period. Check back later and you will find that the ''luck'' has evened out.

In my experience the winner usually comes through the field with consistent stack building. Luck plays it's part in any mtt and any winner will have had at least their fair share of good luck. Maximising the wins and minimising the losses is the way to progress and win tournaments.
  • edited August 2011
    @ loonytoons – thanks for your incisive comments. I take it all back. Actually Sky Poker is completely random and down to skill. 

@ elsadog – OK, I get your point, I’ve generalised too much. Please try and convince me that the RNG is random. My experience says that you have a situation time and time again where one player, no matter what they do, will win the hand too often. The chip leader will call anything and win. Is that luck or is that the RNG giving that player the advantage? Luck and the RNG are the same thing to me. Too many big hands and then even bigger hands (or on the face of it lesser hands) come out of nowhere to beat them. I guess that's the nature of poker but from reading some of your recent posts, I get the impression that you don’t believe all is well in the Sky Poker camp either?
  • edited August 2011
    In Response to Re: Sky Poker tournaments rigged? - No, just more like a lottery.:
    @ loonytoons – thanks for your incisive comments. I take it all back. Actually Sky Poker is completely random and down to skill.   @ elsadog – OK, I get your point, I’ve generalised too much. Please try and convince me that the RNG is random. My experience says that you have a situation time and time again where one player, no matter what they do, will win the hand too often. The chip leader will call anything and win. Is that luck or is that the RNG giving that player the advantage? Luck and the RNG are the same thing to me. Too many big hands and then even bigger hands (or on the face of it lesser hands) come out of nowhere to beat them. I guess that's the nature of poker but from reading some of your recent posts, I get the impression that you don’t believe all is well in the Sky Poker camp either?
    Posted by jb840
    next time that "one player" gets lucky follow him until he goes out.i think you will see that he does'nt win more than he should.we have a "lucky"(i.e.donk) player at the pub and everyone moans about him "always winning" when in fact he has never qualified from the 13 week league where the top 3 go through to a regional final.

the chip leader rarely calls and wins everything....the thing is he calls and sometimes wins and sometimes loses.....but when he loses he is still in the game because he is the chip leader....gl dave
  • edited August 2011
    In Response to Re: Sky Poker tournaments rigged? - No, just more like a lottery.:
    @ loonytoons – thanks for your incisive comments. I take it all back. Actually Sky Poker is completely random and down to skill.   @ elsadog – OK, I get your point, I’ve generalised too much. Please try and convince me that the RNG is random. My experience says that you have a situation time and time again where one player, no matter what they do, will win the hand too often. The chip leader will call anything and win. Is that luck or is that the RNG giving that player the advantage? Luck and the RNG are the same thing to me. Too many big hands and then even bigger hands (or on the face of it lesser hands) come out of nowhere to beat them. I guess that's the nature of poker but from reading some of your recent posts, I get the impression that you don’t believe all is well in the Sky Poker camp either?
    Posted by jb840
    It isn't.. It's pseudorandom!