You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Aces deep in Open facing shove

edited August 2011 in The Poker Clinic
Can anyone fold here?

reads on the player he min raises utg alot, i've been in several pots with him and been quite active on this table for a while and generally he gives up on the turn calls flop bet and then folds to a bet on the turn. I have won a few pots like this against him. 45 left im about 12th before this hand, not really worried about bubbling going for the win as you should
2Guys1Acct Small blind  200.00 200.00 8557.13
drumahai05 Big blind  400.00 600.00 7752.50
  Your hole cards
  • A
  • A

YOUNG_GUN Raise  999.00 1599.00 13510.00
acerag83 Call  999.00 2598.00 13586.00
troyboy27 Fold     
TPic91 Fold     
2Guys1Acct Fold     
drumahai05 Fold     
Flop

• Q

YOUNG_GUN Bet  1600.00 4198.00 11910.00
acerag83 All-in  13586.00 17784.00 0.00

Comments

• edited August 2011
    call

most likely has a draw - not likely to do this with a set as would should be wanting to extract more value
  • edited August 2011
    fist pump call, you should be hitting the call button so hard you crack your mouse
  • edited August 2011
    lol ofc i snap called, he had a set :( just seeing as where so deep whether i should ever fold here, i put on AQ or fd
  • edited August 2011
    In Response to Aces deep in Open facing shove:
    Can anyone fold here? reads on the player he min raises utg alot, i've been in several pots with him and been quite active on this table for a while and generally he gives up on the turn calls flop bet and then folds to a bet on the turn. I have won a few pots like this against him.

Hi JB, UL m8.  I know only you know the full table dynamics but given what you say above, did you consider folding?  I'm just thinking that maybe, just maybe, if you'd won quite a few pots like this it was inevitable that his luck would change?  Just asking as I had a "similar" scenario at the weekend and also came a cropper.  I KNOW you done the right thing btw but was just wondering.

pad
  • edited August 2011
    snap call!

30bb's aint 'that' deep, uber standard considering stack sizes
    50-60bb's then mayb find a laydown... 100bb's snap fold (player dependant)
  • edited August 2011
    In Response to Re: Aces deep in Open facing shove:
    snap call! 30bb's aint 'that' deep, uber standard considering stack sizes 50-60bb's then mayb find a laydown... 100bb's snap fold (player dependant)
    Posted by sikas
    Cheers sikas, i did think that after i put it but at this stage its quite big ;) hows rebuilding going?

Paddy, after all of the pots i had played against him i thought it could get him to make a move like this which he would not normally. also i failed to add generally he was stacking of light eg. top pair no kicker alot. which did inluence my snap call alot
  • edited August 2011
    In Response to Re: Aces deep in Open facing shove : Cheers sikas, i did think that after i put it but at this stage its quite big ;) hows rebuilding going? Paddy, after all of the pots i had played against him i thought it could get him to make a move like this which he would not normally. also i failed to add generally he was stacking of light eg. top pair no kicker alot. which did inluence my snap call alot
    Posted by YOUNG_GUN
    yeah good mate, im about rolled for NL50 but im staying away from cash games, dont think its a format that suits me, MTT's on the other hand are my sorta thing...gonna stick to 'em.

U goin Nottingham SPT final? i jst qualified last night 1st attempt :-D
  • edited August 2011
    In Response to Re: Aces deep in Open facing shove : yeah good mate, im about rolled for NL50 but im staying away from cash games, dont think its a format that suits me, MTT's on the other hand are my sorta thing...gonna stick to 'em. U goin Nottingham SPT final? i jst qualified last night 1st attempt :-D
    Posted by sikas
    1st attempt wow run better sir, yeah you defo are solid MTT player so stick to where your best for now.

I am indeed going up friday-monday my first spt looking forward to it, well done and see you at the bar or final table ;)
  • edited August 2011
    In Response to Re: Aces deep in Open facing shove : 1st attempt wow run better sir, yeah you defo are solid MTT player so stick to where your best for now. I am indeed going up friday-monday my first spt looking forward to it, well done and see you at the bar or final table ;)
    Posted by YOUNG_GUN

check ur PM's
  • edited August 2011
    easiest call i've seen
  • edited August 2011
    Amazed you've posted this.
  • edited August 2011
    Amazed you've posted this.
    Posted by Dudeskin8
    Me too seemed standard asked dohhh who also said standard, just think its a cooler really and posted to be 150% sure lol
  • edited August 2011
    Easy call.

Would you have posted it if you won the hand?
  • edited August 2011
    i know how it feels to be fair, you start to wonder if should have realised he had a set and do you ever win when you call in these spots
  • edited August 2011
    Easy call. Would you have posted it if you won the hand?
    Posted by TommyD
    i doubt it tommy dont be cheeky ;)

we all get hands which we post sometimes that are standard, just annoying run deep and play good poker up to this point, few battles with Jamie Burland too which was fun.
  • edited August 2011
    You can't fold this can you, other hands he could be doing this with that your beating 

• edited August 2011
    In Response to Re: Aces deep in Open facing shove : i doubt it tommy dont be cheeky ;) we all get hands which we post sometimes that are standard, just annoying run deep and play good poker up to this point, few battles with Jamie Burland too which was fun.
    Posted by YOUNG_GUN
    No worries, we all need confirmation from time to time.

To be more serious, you crush his shove to bluff range and you are well ahead of a good portion of his shove for value range.  Put a note on the player and watch his shoves in the future.  It may well be that this is only sets or it might be the kind of range which makes your call profitable.

Over bet shoving with sets was a fad about 12-18 months ago, might be coming back.
  • edited August 2011
    Well it woild take one heck of a read to actually be able to fold here , ul m8 xx