You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

TPTK minraised on flop

edited August 2011 in The Poker Clinic
No reads but they're blocked on find a player.
Dudeskin8 Small blind   £0.05 £0.05 £10.97
x Big blind   £0.10 £0.15 £15.09
  Your hole cards
  • A
  • J

AceKing588 Call   £0.10 £0.25 £10.07
marshall11 Fold        
Robbo67 Fold        
SHGC Call   £0.10 £0.35 £3.55
Dudeskin8 Raise   £0.45 £0.80 £10.52
x Call   £0.40 £1.20 £14.69
AceKing588 Call   £0.40 £1.60 £9.67
SHGC Fold        
Flop

• J

Dudeskin8 Bet   £1.20 £2.80 £9.32
x Raise   £2.40 £5.20 £12.29
AceKing588 Fold        
Dudeskin8

Comments

• edited August 2011
    These are the sort of spots that make me want to cry, I'm happy with bad beats when someone calls off to hit with bad odds but this here I just freeze and can't think what to do. I have TP bloody TK for god's sake and now I should fold, jesus, it's just I so often see players do this with KJ or worse that I hate folding not knowing.....
  • edited August 2011
    well you cant just fold to one raise on the flop, so folding is out of the question! so its either re- raise and test him/protect ur hand etc. or just flat call and see what he does, what card comes see idf he slows down...

...for me i prefer calling here aiming to get more info but mainly not let the pot go crazy, see what he does, if a heart comes id try and figure out if that helped him or not, does he fire again...etc. well thats the line i would take..
  • edited August 2011
    Well in the end I flatted (worst option I know) and get this on turn.....
    Flop

• J

Dudeskin8 Bet   £1.20 £2.80 £9.32
    x Raise   £2.40 £5.20 £12.29
    AceKing588 Fold        
    Dudeskin8 Call   £1.20 £6.40 £8.12
    Turn

Dudeskin8 Check        
    x Bet   £2.50 £8.90 £9.79
    Dudeskin8
  • edited August 2011
    Horrible situation. There's the problem with flatting there...realistically if you weren't happy on the flop, then there are very few cards that are going to cheer you up on the turn (2 Js and 3 As)
  • edited August 2011
    Why is this such a Horrible situation?

lol the four is perfect card if you thought you were ahead pre, cant imagine he would have the four. Secondly he bets the smallest he can really bet! not testing you for your stack....the only plausible hands he can have are j5, 55 (ruling out 44 now for ovb reasons) that beat you! and the rest you beat.

Back when i played NL10 here i would raise the turn for value from a worst j or a flush draw. but if i really felt he had 55 ,aa kk etc i still would never fold to such a small bet, i would want to get to show down as cheap as poss, so be it if i had to lose half my stack doing so.
  • edited August 2011
    Or he's trying to keep his customer with AA/KK/QQ. I'm not saying he'd be doing the right thing to bet like this with one of the above hands and it's certainly not how I'd play it, but it's the way some junk players play at this level. The bet size is also an amount that is gonna make the pot £11-£12 and leave dude with around £5.50 behind which means he's comitted with alot of decent hands.

Min raise on the flop, then min bet on turn, either a terrible player or someone desperate not to lose their customer.
  • edited August 2011
    In Response to Re: TPTK minraised on flop:
    Or he's trying to keep his customer with AA/KK/QQ. I'm not saying he'd be doing the right thing to bet like this with one of the above hands and it's certainly not how I'd play it, but it's the way some junk players play at this level. The bet size is also an amount that is gonna make the pot £11-£12 and leave dude with around £5.50 behind which means he's comitted with alot of decent hands. Min raise on the flop, then min bet on turn, either a terrible player or someone desperate not to lose their customer.
    Posted by Lambert180
    however which way you play this its gonna be difficult not to lose some money if he had your beat. if villain had AA,KK,QQ im sure he would want to raise bigger since theres a flush draw out there, i can only put him on 55 legitimately, 

I could not fold this hand now on the turn, me being me i would shove his raise. Being rolled helps in these situations and shrug off any coolers, just note the guy for next time