You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Table Selection When Multi-tabling

edited August 2011 in The Poker Clinic
There are REGS at NL4 just a very small percentage compared to the overall field so most the time you will only have 1 max 2 on ya table, for me when I played it if I ever had 3 or more REGS at a table I'd insta stand as there is just SO much choice down there espeically after 7pm - like 20-30 tables lol.

NL4 is all about maximising profit so you always want 5 AWFUL players sitting with you as that's where you get money, most 'good' REGS won't pay off with TPWK on 3 streets but FISH will.

It's defo a shock at NL10 where I often have at least 3 REGS sometimes on a table and since there's less tables running you have to just pray you get a good seat on the left of a FISH and just set up camp.

Comments

• edited August 2011
    In Response to Re: Table Selection When Multi-tabling:
    There are REGS at NL4 just a very small percentage compared to the overall field so most the time you will only have 1 max 2 on ya table, for me when I played it if I ever had 3 or more REGS at a table I'd insta stand as there is just SO much choice down there espeically after 7pm - like 20-30 tables lol. NL4 is all about maximising profit so you always want 5 AWFUL players sitting with you as that's where you get money, most 'good' REGS won't pay off with TPWK on 3 streets but FISH will. It's defo a shock at NL10 where I often have at least 3 REGS sometimes on a table and since there's less tables running you have to just pray you get a good seat on the left of a FISH and just set up camp.
    Posted by Dudeskin8
    Hi dude m8y , do ya remember a conversation we had on another thread a while back when you thought there wasnt much diff at this level ?? i had already been playin at nl10 at the time and new it was defo diff to nl4.
    BTW how are ya doin overall compared to nl4 ??
    Gl at the tables and hope a few MORE fish may play nl10 on fri/sat nite after the pub ;))
  • edited August 2011
    In Response to Re: Table Selection When Multi-tabling : Hi dude m8y , do ya remember a conversation we had on another thread a while back when you thought there wasnt much diff at this level ?? i had already been playin at nl10 at the time and new it was defo diff to nl4. BTW how are ya doin overall compared to nl4 ?? Gl at the tables and hope a few MORE fish may play nl10 on fri/sat nite after the pub ;))
    Posted by debdobs_67
    Well something someone posted about NL10 before I started playing it was that there are still awful players there but just at a lower percentage and having played almost 10k hands at the level it is 100% correct.

At NL4 it's very different in that if you table select properly you should maybe face only 2/3 REGS over 3 tables but at NL10 that is very hard to achieve and hence table selection becomes even MORE important.

In terms of how I'm doing, I'm going along quite well and hopefully looking to start playing NL20 some time next month if things go well.
  • edited August 2011
    You still using basically the exact same strategy at 10NL that you were using at 4NL dude?
  • edited August 2011
    You still using basically the exact same strategy at 10NL that you were using at 4NL dude?
    Posted by Lambert180
    Pretty much but standard open raise size is 3x, UTG being 4x.

All hands I raise with are the same at NL4, might raise with J10s on the btn at NL10 unopened but NL4 I'd fold, also unopened I a raise up with QJ around CO, UTG+1.

So only difference like I said earlier is just lower percentage of awful players.
  • edited August 2011
    In Response to Re: Table Selection When Multi-tabling : Pretty much but standard open raise size is 3x, UTG being 4x. All hands I raise with are the same at NL4, might raise with J10s on the btn at NL10 unopened but NL4 I'd fold, also unopened I a raise up with QJ around CO, UTG+1. So only difference like I said earlier is just lower percentage of awful players.
    Posted by Dudeskin8
    You cudda made a (relative) fortune from RB at rush poker a year ago with this strategy/discipline and volume. 
  • edited August 2011
    On the topic of RB. What do you think is a reasonable number of Poker Points in a month for someone playing 4NL-10NL, I was trying some quick calculations in my head last night when i was in bed lol.

You get 2 points per 20 raked hands (1p min) at 4NL, 8NL and 10NL

I'd guess you're probably getting about 100 hands/hour on a 6max table. And say 80 of them will have a minimum of 1p rake (you think 80% is about right?)

So say you're playing 4 tables, 400 hands per hour, so 320 raked hands so 16 points per hour (god that sounds pathetic)

If you play 20 days of the month, each for 4 hours, that would be 1280 points (£15 cash for points, how depressing...)

Do these workings sound about right to you?
  • edited August 2011
    Lol! U get sod all.

Guy used grind nl4 called Tintin, don't think he has much time to play nowardays with work commitments, but he used to get 5k C4P a month playing only nl4.

That equals the highest total I've ever got.

That's seriarse grinding!!!! (he made money from the games too, ofc)
  • edited August 2011
    Do you still class what you get from RB (at your level) as sod all? You mind if I ask what you usually get in terms of Poker Points? Feel free to tell me to get lost.

Do you pay any attention to the league points? Is there anything in that in terms of prizes apart from the top 10 people from MTT,STT and cash get a chance to be in TSP? You ever managed to get in that tourney to be in TSP?

I guess whatever level you play it's always gonna be sod all in a way because in relation to the amount a winning player can get from the tables at whatever level he plays, it's nothing.

Oh well, looks like I'll have to earn it myself.
  • edited August 2011
    I personlly don't think C4P should make up a big perectange of your winnings until you play NL20 minimum. I currently play for the £15 bonus but it's not like I'm dead if I don't get it, it's simply just a bonus, although have to admit can't wait to get on to NL20 getting points 2.5x as fast lol
  • edited August 2011
    I personlly don't think C4P should make up a big perectange of your winnings until you play NL20 minimum. I currently play for the £15 bonus but it's not like I'm dead if I don't get it, it's simply just a bonus, although have to admit can't wait to get on to NL20 getting points 2.5x as fast lol
    Posted by Dudeskin8
    Yeah pretty much same here i always get £15 as i get between 1200-1600 pkr pts per month and as you point out as soon as im proper rolled for nl20 i wont even try to go for 2k in points xxx
  • edited August 2011
    1) Look for players playing only 1 table.
    2) Take them to Value Tarn
    3) Get Rich