You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Stop trolling our area51 threads - you know who you are!

edited August 2011 in Area 51
Question - Where do you post a hand if you require a discussion on the tactical aspects of it?

Answer - In the poker clinic

Question - where do you post a hand about the dubious nature of the RNG?

Answer - in Area 51.

If a player posts a hand in the area 51 section and says ''its a fix' ''its rigged'' etc, then the topic of discussion is the nature of the RNG, it has nothing to do with how they played the hand, ''shoulda shoved, folded'' etc has no bearing on the way the rng deals the cards.
If a player posts a hand in the poker clinic and asks for opinions as to tactics, then fine, but in area 51 the players are rarely discussing tactics, so please, if you want to talk tactics, go to the clinic and leave us looneys alone!!

Here is an extract from the sky poker forum rules which some of you tacticians may find useful, read it, then leave the great area 51 in peace!

TrollingTrolling is where we consider a post to disrupt the general flow of discussion. Contrary to what some might think, troll posts do not necessarily come from 'troll members' – even well-established and respected posters are able to ‘troll’ a thread inadvertently.

Comments

• edited August 2011
    the problem is the op usually posts a standard aq v 10/10 type of hand and then when its rivered starts screaming thats sky is corrupt/fixed/faulty e.t.c

surely people are allwed to comment?

ps......anyone watchhing big brother? :)
  • edited August 2011
    In Response to Re: Stop trolling our area51 threads - you know who you are!:
    the problem is the op usually posts a standard aq v 10/10 type of hand and then when its rivered starts screaming thats sky is corrupt/fixed/faulty e.t.c surely people are allwed to comment? ps......anyone watchhing big brother? :)
    Posted by DAVEYZZ
    Point 1 - the problem seems to be when AQv1010 becomes non standard type hand with a 10,Q,Q board and the last 10 on the river lol.

Point 2 - Yes comment on threads but when a players is asking about the validity of the rng comments should be about % etc not betting tactics

Point 3 - only that repulsive six pack, the only guy in the world with a beer belly six pack lol
  • edited August 2011
    Don't stop - either of you - I'm loving it ;o)
  • edited August 2011

In Response to Re: Stop trolling our area51 threads - you know who you are! : Point 1 - the problem seems to be when AQv1010 becomes non standard type hand with a 10,Q,Q board and the last 10 on the river lol. Point 2 - Yes comment on threads but when a players is asking about the validity of the rng comments should be about % etc not betting tactics Point 3 - only that repulsive six pack, the only guy in the world with a beer belly six pack lol
    Posted by loonytoons[/QUOT

Point 1 if the non standard hand quoted keeps arising does this not turn into a standard hand?

Point 2 he only asks about the rng because he lost said hand
    (i'm not qualified to give betting tactics)

Point 3.......not as repulsive as silly ber....cow

elsa...stop trolling.........:)

• edited August 2011
    In Response to Re: Stop trolling our area51 threads - you know who you are! :
    In Response to Re: Stop trolling our area51 threads - you know who you are! : Point 1 - the problem seems to be when AQv1010 becomes non standard type hand with a 10,Q,Q board and the last 10 on the river lol. Point 2 - Yes comment on threads but when a players is asking about the validity of the rng comments should be about % etc not betting tactics Point 3 - only that repulsive six pack, the only guy in the world with a beer belly six pack lol Posted by loonytoons[/QUOT Point 1 if the non standard hand quoted keeps arising does this not turn into a standard hand? Point 2 he only asks about the rng because he lost said hand (i'm not qualified to give betting tactics) Point 3.......not as repulsive as silly ber....cow elsa...stop trolling.........:)
    Posted by DAVEYZZ

That is not Trolling ...................... it's Flaming  :o)
  • edited August 2011

If a guy posts a hand history in the opening post, surely a reply talking about the hand history is acceptable and relevent to the thread.

Does "disrupt general flow of discussion" mean "disagree with opening poster"? If so, guilty as charged.

I don't think it does though.
  • edited August 2011
    Could not agree more with OP.These ppl just seem to spend
    thier lives just waiting to shout down anybody who dares 
    question the RNG in the very place that was designed for
    exactly that.
    As i was reading the OP i would have bet my mortgage on
    who would have been the first reply(i would have won).
    It would appear that they DO know who they are.
  • edited August 2011
     Tolling is really annoying when I go over the Queen Elizabeth Bridge and have to pay £1-50 each way and the delays because people who want change is only surpassed by the Bridge Owners refusing to give change in most of the lanes. "What"  sorry I'm complaining silly me,  please disregard this post.

Tolling ,    To disrupt the General Flow of Traffic.
  • edited August 2011
    But if people put up one badly played hand then claim they only lost because of the RNG being "Fixed" then IMO it is relevent to the discussion! OK I will get my coat and leave area51 before I get myself in to deep!
  • edited August 2011
    Yes . . . going back to the OP I think this is a very fair comment. I'm certainly as guilty as the rest for attempting to steer some boring mathematical considerations through discussions, despite this being Area 51 (the home of conspiracy theories). So I will desist from doing so in the future.

In my defence, I have posted my own odd rant, and was on the point of doing so again yesterday evening as a result of some $#it suckouts to some opponents who were clearly blood relatives of the poker fairy - the words "FFS, not again!" were heard to bounce off the living room walls. Losing to a 7-1 draw is unlucky, but when this happens on three critical hands out of three, it's time to dust off the Area 51 membership application form. Oops . . . just done it again . . . Sorry.
  • edited August 2011
    In Response to Re: Stop trolling our area51 threads - you know who you are! : lol. i would of won aswell. the blind follwers
    Posted by bigal36903

Some would say those that look at themselves instead of blaming the rng are blind followers.

Some would say those that look at the rng instead of blaming themselves are blind followers.

• edited August 2011

Look its simple.....if u lose its rigged...obviously..

as we all are the best poker players here...

• edited August 2011
    Look its simple.....if u lose its rigged...obviously.. as we all are the best poker players here...
    Posted by djblacke04
    THIS!!! Its always the rng's fault!!!
  • edited August 2011
    In Response to Re: Stop trolling our area51 threads - you know who you are! : That is not Trolling ...................... it's Flaming  :o)
    Posted by elsadog
    ok then....stop flaming trolling!:/
  • edited August 2011
    In Response to Re: Stop trolling our area51 threads - you know who you are! : attention seeking ftw! its seems humour is lost on you(sadly)
    Posted by DAVEYZZ
    Im looking for humour in your reply post and unless
    you have a different meaning for the word "humour"
    i dont see it.
    And as for the "attention seeking" jibe.LOL,that must
    have been eating you up inside.How long ago was that?

• edited August 2011
    if you read my post again.the "anyone watching big brother" remark was my (albeit feeble) attempt at humour.
    apologies if it went over your head....but the op clearly got it

xxx,dave
  • edited August 2011
    if you read my post again.the "anyone watching big brother" remark was my (albeit feeble) attempt at humour. apologies if it went over your head....but the op clearly got it xxx,dave
    Posted by DAVEYZZ
    I wanna know exactly HOW MANY times ya have to put smiley's and kisses b4 some realise ure avin a laugh or a level xxx  ;)))
  • edited August 2011
    In Response to Re: Stop trolling our area51 threads - you know who you are! : I wanna know exactly HOW MANY times ya have to put smiley's and kisses b4 some realise ure avin a laugh or a level xxx  ;)))
    Posted by debdobs_67
    oh shut up! :):):) xxxxxxxxxxxx
  • edited August 2011
    In Response to Re: Stop trolling our area51 threads - you know who you are! : oh shut up! :):):) xxxxxxxxxxxx
    Posted by DAVEYZZ
    ;)))) xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx