You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Why can't we close out a game at home!!!!

edited August 2011 in The Football Corner
This is why we love (and by love, i mean hate) football...

I'm already looking forward to Northampton's home game on Saturday against Morecambe, where we will lose 3-2 after being 2-0 up.

Comments

• edited August 2011
    stick Abdy faye in the back 4 and you wont need to close the game out cuz no one will score
    if hes already played then ignor this post :)
  • edited August 2011
    In Response to Re: Why can't we close out a game at home!!!!:
    stick Abdy faye in the back 4 and you wont need to close the game out cuz no one will score if hes already played then ignor this post :)
    Posted by stokefc
    I think Sam's itching to get him in but he's been injured since pre season (the story of our last 4 years!). I'm looking forward to him getting fit cos he's exactly what we need in this division.

TBH, I couldn't care less about the cups this year & really ain't bothered who it was that knocked us out (unless it was Millwall or the spuds!). I'm just concerned about the habit of conceding late goals. I'm sure it'll change sooner or later but for our sakes it really needs to be sooner. 
  • edited August 2011
    In Response to Why can't we close out a game at home!!!! : Well Cardiff and Leeds are fairly decent and well-supported sides to start the season with. You were one of the favourites to go up so i imagine a lot of sides will be extra motivated when they visit Upton Park. Additionally you are in a transitionary phase both with a new manager and his well-documented favoured playing style and the inevitable sales that have been made. I reckon that there will be a few weeks of adjustment but things should pick up. Obviously hanging onto Parker would be a big plus. It's a pretty tight division anyway so i wouldn't be too put out. i don't think the league cup is worth pursuing anyway. Failing all that if things are still going badly at least you can pop down the Old Kent Rd guv'nor and vent your frustrations on Millwall fans ? Should get the adrenaline jacked up a tad.
    Posted by BLACK_MASS
    Pretty much in a nutshell. It is one of the big games down here. We get it at Leeds, they come to Elland road and it looks like their on speed. They never stop running and never give up, its like a cup final. I suppose its the same at your place. Its a leveller. Its annoying, but it is a compliment in a way.

In poker terms, over time you will win more of these situations than you lose, its just a mini downswing at the moment. Keep it going and it will turn around and you will be profitable on your home games if you keep getting in to these type of situations.  ;-)
  • edited August 2011
    Pretty much in a nutshell. It is one of the big games down here. We get it at Leeds, they come to Elland road and it looks like their on speed. They never stop running and never give up, its like a cup final. I suppose its the same at your place. Its a leveller. Its annoying, but it is a compliment in a way. In poker terms, over time you will win more of these situations than you lose, its just a mini downswing at the moment. Keep it going and it will turn around and you will be profitable on your home games if you keep getting in to these type of situations.  ;-)
    Posted by DrSharp
    LOL  that but true enough. I expect the Leicester fans feel the same.
    I can't see any runaway leaders there. It will stay close to the end.