You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Worth stacking off with or slow down?

edited August 2011 in The Poker Clinic
PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
andsoitis7 Small blind  £0.04 £0.04 £3.65
mumsboys123 Big blind  £0.08 £0.12 £8.01
  Your hole cards

NColley Raise  £0.24 £0.36 £7.72
AAAAA562 Fold     
Call  £0.24 £0.60 £9.74
andsoitis7 Fold     
mumsboys123 Fold     
Flop

• J
  • Q

NColley Check     
Bet  £0.08 £0.68 £9.66
NColley Raise  £0.65 £1.33 £7.07
Raise  £1.14 £2.47 £8.52
NColley
Have no solid reads on this guy, seems to be a 'reg' at 8nl, I have him listed as a bit of a station with a pretty wide range pre from previous tangles.
The donk min bet/ min re raise if off putting, I'd expect sets or overpairs to re raise bigger yet it seems villian is trying to either draw me into a shove or turning his hand into a bluff.

Comments

• edited August 2011
    Yh gotta cbet that flop if I got the awful minraise behind I'd call with odds hit and stack him.
  • edited August 2011
    In game, i think I always shove because it can never be bad, but feel like flatting is probably better. A station (LAP) is never going to be 3b/f this board I would assume. Knowing his 3b % and his VPIP would be useful here in determining the amount of AcXc he has here, but if you say he's a station then probably not very much. I never expect to get a fold. I can see him having AQ, KQcc, QJ and bottom set which is a range that we kind of suck against. Ugh I dont even know, i think if he's a station I flat and then lead If I hit.
  • edited August 2011
    In Response to Re: Worth stacking off with or slow down?:
    In game, i think I always shove because it can never be bad, but feel like flatting is probably better. A station (LAP) is never going to be 3b/f this board I would assume. Knowing his 3b % and his VPIP would be useful here in determining the amount of AcXc he has here, but if you say he's a station then probably not very much. I never expect to get a fold. I can see him having AQ, KQcc, QJ and bottom set which is a range that we kind of suck against. Ugh I dont even know, i think if he's a station I flat and then lead If I hit.
    Posted by LadyFingrs
    Welcome back Ladyfingers aint seen ya for months , how ya been runnin ?? are ya gonna be playin here again ?? if so what will ya be playin ?? ie - cash , stt's mtt's hope to see ya at the tables , gl and hope ya do well , debs xx
  • edited August 2011
    In Response to Re: Worth stacking off with or slow down?:
    In Response to Re: Worth stacking off with or slow down? : Welcome back Ladyfingers aint seen ya for months , how ya been runnin ?? are ya gonna be playin here again ?? if so what will ya be playin ?? ie - cash , stt's mtt's hope to see ya at the tables , gl and hope ya do well , debs xx
    Posted by debdobs_67
    Like dogshit

I had to withdraw my entire roll on all sites ($5k) for some life emergency and have been unable to grind for like a year or summit. Basically I was living with my dad in a house with no internet.

In order to re-build my bankroll I have been playing for a backer, which sucks cause i'm really good and have to give away 50% of my profits. Im up like $350 ($175) over 3 months, due to playing bad the first month (rusty) and running approx $3000 under EV and suffering alooooooot more cold decks than I have given out.

Just thought I'd pop by and see how the strategy forum was and if any of the dudes I used to play were here.

Seen CoxyLbro playing the other day, thats about it.

Cliffnotes:

nm, sup? :)