You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Shove for more value?

edited August 2011 in The Poker Clinic
Dya think a shove is ever getting called off here? Not sure if I could have shoved to get more value here? Or should I be happy with what I got...
PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
bahh Small blind   £0.02 £0.02 £5.11
Lambert180 Big blind   £0.04 £0.06 £4.18
  Your hole cards

robyoung Fold        
forfoxs852 Fold        
derv Call   £0.04 £0.10 £1.77
flower11 Call   £0.04 £0.14 £3.54
bahh Call   £0.02 £0.16 £5.09
Lambert180 Check        
Flop

• A
  • J

bahh Check        
Lambert180 Check        
derv Check        
flower11 Check        
Turn

bahh Bet   £0.08 £0.24 £5.01
Lambert180 Call   £0.08 £0.32 £4.10
derv Fold        
flower11 Call   £0.08 £0.40 £3.46
River

bahh Bet   £0.31 £0.71 £4.70
Lambert180 Raise   £1.20 £1.91 £2.90
flower11 Fold        
bahh Call   £0.89 £2.80 £3.81
Lambert180 Show

bahh Muck

Lambert180 Win Straight to the 8 £2.59   £5.49

Comments

• edited August 2011
    It s a decent raise on the river which probs gets you a call from any a j or 2pair at these stakes in hindsight you would have got paid off with a jam but in general i think its a good river bet
  • edited August 2011
    I know this player, he's a m8 of mine, I think your raise size is about perfect against him, I don't think he pays much more than that.

At least he shouldn't.

I used to play with him on ipoker when we both started playing poker for money, but he's just starting out again after a few years off.

Next time you play him, tell him to get his hair cut. But I don't think he'll be at nl4 for very long...

WP.

*edit - bahh if u're reading this, your turn bet size is horrible u fish.
  • edited August 2011
    Yeah, it was a horrible turn bet, it's his own fault he let me in to see my straight on the river.

But otherwise he seemed like a pretty solid player, he was certainly the best competition on the table and the only one making decent raises pre.
  • edited August 2011
    Well you did raise pretty big tbf lol

With there being an Ace there against a lot of players I shove here cus if £1.20's getting called an AI will too especially after a strong Riv Bet.
  • edited August 2011
    Well I've taken on board one of Doh's points that wasn't in my game of overbetting the pot when the pot has been kept small and then you've ended up hitting the card you wanted.
  • edited August 2011
    In Response to Re: Shove for more value?:
    I know this player, he's a m8 of mine, I think your raise size is about perfect against him, I don't think he pays much more than that. At least he shouldn't. I used to play with him on ipoker when we both started playing poker for money, but he's just starting out again after a few years off. Next time you play him, tell him to get his hair cut. But I don't think he'll be at nl4 for very long... WP. *edit - bahh if u're reading this, your turn bet size is horrible u fish.
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    tbh mate i very nearly folded, knew u had the 67, just needed to see it, nice bet, i wouldnt have called your all in, wp
  • edited August 2011
    Thank you very much Bahh, I love a bit of a praise to up my confidence. I definitely think it's time for me to leave 4NL behind now though. I was just sticking with 4NL til I got comfortable with multi-tabling because I haven't done that much of it, and I'm happy enough to go onto 8NL now. I am just about rolled for 10NL but one step at a time.
  • edited August 2011
    In Response to Re: Shove for more value? : tbh mate i very nearly folded, knew u had the 67, just needed to see it, nice bet, i wouldnt have called your all in, wp
    Posted by bahh
    Yh that makes perfect sense lolz.
  • edited August 2011
    yeah it was a nice bet, i wouldnt have called an al-in as i knew u had the 6 7 with that re-raise, dunno why i actually called but i wanted to be sure, yeah it was my own fault with the turn, but wanted some action, wont happen again :)
  • edited August 2011
    yeah it was a nice bet, i wouldnt have called an al-in as i knew u had the 6 7 with that re-raise, dunno why i actually called but i wanted to be sure, yeah it was my own fault with the turn, but wanted some action, wont happen again :)
    Posted by bahh
    Dunno if you're new to sky (I got from Doh that you're certainly not new to poker) but at 4NL here you'll get action with much less than what you had... obviously you wouldn't have got it from me lol, but anyone else there who has an A or a J, you can probably overbet the pot by a fair bit and get a call
  • edited August 2011
    yeah been on here a week, well enjoying it, some proper idiots out there just willing to hand over money on bottom pairs lol! i used to play on WH but as DOH says i aint played properly for a couple of years, going to give it a real go now and not take my winnings out and spend them down the pub haha!!
  • edited August 2011

Turn call pretty marginal imo, river is good

• edited August 2011
    good size on river v good player who can fold
    v bad player just raise bigger than this £2.20 

depends - some will stack with TP here - 
  • edited August 2011
    i fold turn but i think it's probz ok
    river is ok
  • edited August 2011
    You can't fold this turn readless surely?????

8 outs to the nuts for 8p, with 4 quid behind? 
  • edited August 2011
    You can't fold this turn readless surely????? 8 outs to the nuts for 8p, with 4 quid behind? 
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    it's probz a close one to whether he's actually getting the right odds anyway, if the other guy calls first then it'd be ok to call because obv implied odds aswell etc ...
    but turn brings flush draw aswell, so you dont even know if 2 of your outs are good, plus how much are you really going to win if you hit? the pot is so small, you haven't invested anything, i just fold
  • edited August 2011
    I agree with Doh, 8 outs for 8p with big implied odds. I'm not too worried about the pot being small because you can always get big payoffs at this level as I did.
  • edited August 2011
    I agree with Doh, 8 outs for 8p with big implied odds. I'm not too worried about the pot being small because you can always get big payoffs at this level as I did.
    Posted by Lambert180
    only thing i can understand is the fact it's 4NL so you can extract more value i suppose, any other level i fold ... you're never raising less than 2p there so it's an easy fold for b2p
  • edited August 2011
    I would call this at every level I've played on sky, drawing to the nuts for 2 big blinds, with 100xbb behind.........

I love this situation.

Perc u r playing against too many good players over on the darkside, u'd never fold this on sky. 

• edited August 2011
    you only have 6 outs to the nuts, also villain hasnt shown that much strength, so implieds arent that great imo. Call prob fine on turn though
  • edited August 2011
    I would call this at every level I've played on sky, drawing to the nuts for 2 big blinds, with 100xbb behind......... I love this situation. Perc u r playing against too many good players over on the darkside, u'd never fold this on sky. 
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    you play on that site as well lol