You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

bad beats

edited October 2009 in Area 51
You are wrong.

Comments

• edited October 2009

i,ve only being playing for under a year. i love playing poker And the first thing i,ve have notice is the bad beats. come on sky lets get your server in check. the bad beats  or unture. you do not see them when u play live. PS OR AM I WRONG  

• edited October 2009

One ticket please to area 51. One way, don't need the return thank you.

• edited October 2009
    CAN YOU TELL ME Y IAM WRONG PLEASE
  • edited October 2009
    In Response to bad beats:
     i,ve only being playing for under a year. i love playing poker And the first thing i,ve have notice is the bad beats. come on sky lets get your server in check. the bad beats  or unture. you do not see them when u play live. PS OR AM I WRONG  
    Posted by PIVA
    Only been playing less then a year... says it all....

and yes.. you are wrong
  • edited October 2009
    Percentage-wise you will see just as many bad beats live or online or if you are playing in a space shuttle orbiting the earth given the same standard of opponents.

You will have seen many more hands online than you will have seen live (unless you play an awful lot live) and that is why you see more bad beats online (in absolute terms).

The other factor to take into consideration is that there are lots more inexperienced players online and this generally means that more loose calls are made. Therefore, this contributes to the number of bad-beats.

I hope that this clarifies things for you.
  • edited October 2009
    In Response to bad beats:
    Posted by PIVA
    I'm afraid you do, PIVA. It's how poker works, Live & Online.

The very beauty of the game is that any hand can be beaten - & often is.
  • edited October 2009
    In Response to Re: bad beats:
    In Response to bad beats : I'm afraid you do, PIVA. It's how poker works, Live & Online. The very beauty of the game is that any hand can be beaten - & often is.
    Posted by Tikay10
    Sorry mate, been playing on line now for many, many years and I do need to let you in on this secret. Please keep it to yourself as few others know this.

Pocket aces can actually be beaten by 7 2 off. I know really hard to believe but trust me, it's the truth.

Now don't go telling anyone else this secret... O.K.?
  • edited October 2009
    Have a look at a thread i made called, "Worst play uve seen" i mentioned a LIVE game where i had trip kings and lost to 3,6.

Thats a bad beat in my opinion. And guess what it was LIVE. Admittedly ive had my share of bad beats on Sky poker, but ive won more hands than ive lost.
  • edited October 2009
    PIVA I recommend a short stay in the area 51 recuperation ward. Normally a day or two suffices but in cases of extreme paranoia the fitting of a prosthetic bacofoil cap is recommended.