You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

2 MTT hands.....

edited August 2011 in The Poker Clinic

I'm gonna post the whole hands, coz there are multiple spots in each hand where I am unsure. If the results influence pplz opinions then w/e but I cba to post in stages.

Anyway, hand 1....

The guy isn't v good.

He's limp/called the button w.78s, and called a cbet 3 ways with the bad end of a gutshot, and checked behind turn and riv when he missed.

What do you do when he donk leads thatflop?

1)
PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
jabbawokki Small blind  40.00 40.00 4560.00
SlickJim Big blind  80.00 120.00 4770.00
  Your hole cards

flipgirl Fold     
xxxCall  80.00 200.00 1410.00
DOHHHHHHH Raise  295.00 495.00 4762.50
aceMace Fold     
jabbawokki Fold     
SlickJim Fold     
xxxCall  215.00 710.00 1195.00
Flop

• K

xxxBet  80.00 790.00 1115.00
DOHHHHHHH Raise  480.00 1270.00 4282.50
xxxAll-in  1115.00 2385.00 0.00
DOHHHHHHH Call  715.00 3100.00 3567.50
xxxShow
  • K

DOHHHHHHH Show

Turn

River

xxxWin Two Pairs, Kings and 9s 3100.00  3100.00
2)

Notes on the big blind is that he cold called the bb with JJ after a limp on the button and my raise from sb, he called 1 bet with the jacks on a Q high flop, and checked behind turn and riv 3 handed, I won with KQ.

Can I fold pre? I dnt think I can????

Can I fold the turn???? - I dnt think I can either.

I guess my check on the flop could be a talking point but I'm happy with that part. If you disagree, let me know.
PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
aceMace Small blind  75.00 75.00 11425.00
SlickJim Big blind  150.00 225.00 5320.00
  Your hole cards
  • Q
  • A

flipgirl Fold     
bigritchy Call  150.00 375.00 1800.00
DOHHHHHHH Raise  600.00 975.00 3067.50
aceMace Raise  975.00 1950.00 10450.00
SlickJim Fold     
bigritchy Fold     
DOHHHHHHH Call  450.00 2400.00 2617.50
Flop

• A
  • K

aceMace Check     
DOHHHHHHH Check     
Turn

aceMace All-in  10450.00 12850.00 0.00
DOHHHHHHH All-in  2617.50 15467.50 0.00
aceMace Unmatched bet  7832.50 7635.00 7832.50
aceMace Show
  • A
  • A

DOHHHHHHH Show
  • Q
  • A

River

• K

aceMace Win Full House, Aces and Kings 7635.00  15467.50

Comments

• edited August 2011
    1 Dont know what he donks but wtf are you raising for?

2 Meh idk maybe you can fold. Dont really think you can flat tbh. Postflop I like, If I call pre Im not folding postflop if I hit TP
  • edited August 2011
    In Response to Re: 2 MTT hands.....:
    1 Dont know what he donks but wtf are you raising for? 2 Meh idk maybe you can fold. Dont really think you can flat tbh. Postflop I like, If I call pre Im not folding postflop if I hit TP
    Posted by grantorino
    Protection? I dunno, If he donks min like that and I flat, aren't I just saying, "ok go on make me fold on the turn......?"

The last hand where I recieved a comment like that from u and others, I totally agreed, and posted it 100% for image purposes, but this time It's coz I'm rly not sure!

I don't think he folds a draw, which is why I wanna get it in, duz he do that with a king? 

He's totally owned me obv :(
  • edited August 2011
    In Response to Re: 2 MTT hands..... : Protection? I dunno, If he donks min like that and I flat, aren't I just saying, "ok go on make me fold on the turn......?" The last hand where I recieved a comment like that from u and others, I totally agreed, and posted it 100% for image purposes, but this time It's coz I'm rly not sure! I don't think he folds a draw, which is why I wanna get it in, duz he do that with a king?  He's totally owned me obv :(
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    Well what range does he donk with? Lets say he gets it in with Kx or better and draws, prob folds the rest (ie worse pairs ,air). You are in bad shape against a range of Kx+ and draws, as a lot of his draws have at least one over. This is why I dont like raising, you fold out the worse hands and get it in against a range that beats you
  • edited August 2011
    1) donk re-raise the dibk bet this deep. Im all for it but this deep to ur re-raise ur stuck in the hand and you hate too many actions.

2) cooler ul. - why do u heck flop
  • edited August 2011
    Sorry, Didnt notice donk was so small, raising maybe not so bad, although I think I still flat 
  • edited August 2011

Grrr hand 1 becomes player related, I swear ever since ed giddins said he likes this donk minbet more and more players are doing it. I probs get it all in vs bad players here too.

Hand 2 - once I'm in pre I can't fold here, if you was trapping with the check behind on flop then its kinda obvious that can never fold this blank turn.

• edited August 2011
    1) donk re-raise the dibk bet this deep. Im all for it but this deep to ur re-raise ur stuck in the hand and you hate too many actions. 2) cooler ul. - why do u heck flop
    Posted by The_Don90
    I check the flop in position coz I don't need to bet to get stacks in by the river, that should be easy enough.

I think I'm either miles ahead, or miles behind, he has like AA/KK/AK, or I'm winning..... (against hands like QQ/JJ) etc.......

So if I bet, he just folds when Im winning, and if he tries to get it in, life is grim for me! lol

Also no scare cards on the turn given the kinda hands he 3bets me pre with.

Pretty comfortable with the check behind on the flop, dunno what others think.
  • edited August 2011
    1. if he bad and he donks it is what it is TP 
    your raise is just bad i think unless your bluffing and you put him on TPWK 
    a call is probably best here, you may get to showdown cheap

2. check flop is ok, is this to induce because it's either that or you worried about AK/KK
    What is he checking flop with AND shoving turn that you beat - <AJ OR <QQ - if you know he will make this move if you check then ok, other than that it's a fold
  • edited August 2011
    1. I just flat, raising surely only gets called by a K and folds out all bluffs ?

2. I might 4bet shove pre, on flop when checked to I snap shove.
  • edited August 2011
    1 - i just flat turn bet - as played it's always going in

2 - i think it's ok, i probz go broke aswell
  • edited August 2011
    1 Ya gotta give em credit some times

2 ul
  • edited August 2011
    In the 1st hand I see this min donk a lot and maybe about half the time it's a King.  I would call the flop and re-assess on the turn, prob fold if he bets more than 2/3 pot, but I think that he could easily just min bet again.

I like the 2nd hand.
  • edited August 2011
    i think h2 is a fold, but i probably wouldnt ingame. i play pre/flop the same
  • edited August 2011
    Am I the only one who thinks flatting pre is bad in hand 2?
  • edited August 2011
    Am I the only one who thinks flatting pre is bad in hand 2?
    Posted by grantorino
    Yh I did mention 4betting pre, it's probably shove fold imo
  • edited August 2011
    i think a flat on hand 2 is good grantorino, i aint re popping it even on the button, if they re pop you from either blinds you are in bad shape with a scarey hand. any ace on the flop, do you think your good? no ace comes now what?. i would flat pre, call the raise. think i can fold turn to, but i am very nitty.
  • edited August 2011
    i think a flat on hand 2 is good grantorino, i aint re popping it even on the button, if they re pop you from either blinds you are in bad shape with a scarey hand. any ace on the flop, do you think your good? no ace comes now what?. i would flat pre, call the raise. think i can fold turn to, but i am very nitty.
    Posted by pod1
    If you call pre and hit TP why the hell would you then fold?  If you're gonna fold then it might as well be pre.

• edited August 2011
    Posted by pod1
    Well we are just over 20BB deep and have seen the guy flat a raise bvb with JJ. We miss 2/3 of the time, a Q wont be good always, sometimes our A isnt good (and if it is we wont stack him that often), so explain how flatting is good. For me fold />>shove>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>flat, even though his 3bet is small. All of what your saying about repopping it applies to flatting, except at least if we repop we get to see 5 cards
  • edited August 2011
    hand 2, why call pre? I would be extremely unhappy about putting any more chips in the pot once he checks flop but because you have so much invested i probably call, if you had a bit more chips its a fold.