You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Saturday ME now a 'Super' Bounty Hunter - not impressed

edited August 2011 in Sky Poker Tournaments
I have to say Gary that I totally agree with you.  Due to my work hours I am only able to play the Main Events a few days a week, Saturday being one of them, and although I can afford it and don't mind rebuys I do feel that £22.00 is way above the average players bankroll on this site.  Hopefully Sky will review their decision and put the Saturday game back to the old format, but to be honest I won't be holding my breath on that one lol.

Comments

• edited August 2011
    Due to my work shifts Saturday is the only day of the week when I get the opportunity to poker play in the evening. I've just noticed that from this Saturday The Open is being replaced by a 'Super' Bounty Hunter. I liked the Open and would occasionally enter when I didn't feel too tired. But I won't be entering the new Super Bounty Hunter for two reasons;

1. 'Super' is just a glorified way of saying rebuy, and (unsurprisingly) the rebuys are raked. On every other site where I play online poker all rebuys are rake free, in most cases the bounty element of buy-ins aren't raked either. I'd rather invest my money where the players get a better deal.

2. A £22 rebuy event is simply beyond my bankroll, I only enter rebuy-tournaments if I can afford to lose at least 5x the buy-in or I won't feel comfortable enough to play my proper game. If I had £110 to spend I'd rather take a shot at the Thursday Roller.

So sadly there'll be no more Sky Poker main events or jackpot attempts for me, I'll be found playing elsewhere instead. I'll be boycotting the daytime £2.30 Super Bounty Hunters for the same reason too.

I'd also like to mention that a seat in the Saturday evening main event is the prize awarded to the winner of the weekly forum DTD. Many of the entrants in the DTD are low stakes players with a small bankroll who won't be able to afford £22 rebuys, hence they're at a big disadvantage to the rest of the field and their hard-earned prize has been devalued.
  • edited August 2011
    So now I will not play main event Friday or Saturday.

But thinking positively, it will encourage me to get out and about playing live poker.
  • edited August 2011
    In Response to Re: Saturday ME now a 'Super' Bounty Hunter - not impressed:

...........You've said it all Gary......and vey well too.......I'm sure this will put off a lot of players (it remains to be seen yet) but less choice is not good, should have put this new event alongside and not instead of the old Bh or left it as it was.
  • edited August 2011
    Sky have tried these re buy bh's before didnt work out then if my memory is right... i'm with u on this 1 penq,,,  not a fan of re buys full stop,,, maybe 2 main events would of been better give the players a choice    more live poker i thinks..

• edited August 2011
    meh, not gonna judge it till after I play it, I liked the Open as well but we shall see this could be Ok I suppose but tbh I h8 Bounty Hunters!!

I don't mind the rebuy aspect, Friday night is the best poker tournament on the site imo and the cream nearly always rise to the top in that one due to the beautifull structure, it's a tournament that should be any poker players dream!! 
  • edited August 2011
    On reflection I can see that this tournament isn't actually a rebuy. It's better described a variation of a multi-entry tournament.

You can only rebuy a starting stack if you bust out completely and there are no add-ons available at the break. So admittedly the players who can only afford one buy-in aren't at such a huge disadvantage as they are in a regular rebuy. 

My initial strong disapproval at this change has eased somewhat after thinking about it, I still won't be entering, I'll keep an eye on it and see how it goes.
  • edited August 2011
    On reflection I can see that this tournament isn't actually a rebuy. It's better described a variation of a multi-entry tournament. You can only rebuy a starting stack if you bust out completely and there are no add-ons available at the break. So admittedly the players who can only afford one buy-in aren't at such a huge disadvantage as they are in a regular rebuy.  My initial strong disapproval at this change has eased somewhat after thinking about it, I still won't be entering, I'll keep an eye on it to see how it goes.
    Posted by GaryQQQ
    Gotta say that when i read ure openin post i didnt really understand it cos i knew it was a once only rebuy with no add ons , but as ya say you see that now , tbh i actually think this will be a very good tourny and bankroll permitting i hope to support it.

PS saw ure thread in area51 vvul m8 xxx
  • edited August 2011
    Hi, I've won free entry to this via DTD this week and obviously am very grateful to sky for that and will give it my best shot.

However, as you say Gary, DTD'ers play very low stakes (usually) and I feel overwhelmed to play in this, obviously I won't be able to re-buy and would have been happy to play a lower priced or non re-buy tournament, so I very much understand where you are coming from.  At least now you've explained it - it may make it a bit easier.

I will do my best tho' and thanks sky for the free entry.

Ruth
  • edited August 2011
    Hi, I've won free entry to this via DTD this week and obviously am very grateful to sky for that and will give it my best shot. However, as you say Gary, DTD'ers play very low stakes (usually) and I feel overwhelmed to play in this, obviously I won't be able to re-buy and would have been happy to play a lower priced or non re-buy tournament, so I very much understand where you are coming from.  At least now you've explained it - it may make it a bit easier. I will do my best tho' and thanks sky for the free entry. Ruth
    Posted by Deja_Vu
    Good luck Deja-Vu. This is a freeroll for you and you have nothing to lose. The evening main event fields aren't nearly as tough as you might expect. Don't be intimidated; stay relaxed, play your normal game and enjoy the experience.

Anything is possible, the first time I ever played in a big tournament was last October when I was given a free seat in The Primo. At the time my normal games were £1.15 DYMs and £2.30 Bounty Hunters so I really felt out of my depth. Despite that I made a run all the way to the final table and got 4th place. If I can do it so can you, go for it!
  • edited August 2011

Thanks Gary for your encouragement - I will relax and enjoy it try to play may normal game - lol - its a freeroll for me as you say.

Cheers

• edited August 2011
    That was an unavoidable cooler, straight < flush, unlucky.