You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Shooting Stars

edited August 2011 in The Shed
 No this is not about Vic Reeves and Bob Mortimer,  its about playing in Tournaments with really good players.  Friday nights for some reason is the night I usually donk off all my hard earned penny's that, I might add,  has taken me all week to accumulate, so when Hubby said he qualified for a Tournament that will see him through the evening,  and  I should try them.  "I thought good Idea for once". !  That should keep me out of trouble and save my bankroll.  Surfing the Lobby I found most were to expensive but the deep stack caught my eye at £2-20 that was my price range and I have played them before. so I took a look at the field of runners.  Having just read the post about follow the Donk I spotted Oynutter amongst the players, so Yippee my target for the night.  I joke Oy.!   Well away we go and not long before I'm staring quick exit in the face and card dead, so I run off to top up.  My wine silly!  First rule in Dohhhhhhh book of rules. Looking around at the players I think yep nice Friendly table with Yidette my rising star next to me and the reason for this post. Well couple of sips and the pair of nine's I just got dealt look like ace's, so away we go and good old Sky RNG flopped me the full house. How this is usually the point where I raise and everyone folds but to my surprise I get a caller. In shock I go Allin expecting a fold but he called and I was back in the race. Don't you just love it when you come back from the dead.!  I did feel guilty and thought my Allin statement was telling him I had the Nuts.  In deep stacks you do get respect and players do fold to your raises unlike sit-go's they call you all night with anything just for the he ll of it.  The problem I have with deep stacks is they last so long and I lose concentration get bored and then play silly cards getting busted and then thinking,  what are you doing Muppet. Well,  from having no cards I was getting some great hands and poor young Yidette was on the receiving end even though I tried to warn her by putting in big raises. Its not the first time I've felt guilty at wounding her beyond recovery and she took it gracefully like the rising star she has become. This is my Achilles Heel and the reason I will never be a good  player I don't like taking players "I know" out of the Competition and the guilty feeling effects my play for the rest of the game.  I will just say sorry in the hope they will accept my appoligy and that I do genuinely mean it.      Hugs Annie x

Comments

• edited August 2011
    i didnt know this player but they got a bad beat hand before you know the runner runner runner flush and it was only a 55p sit n go and i like a challenge and they were freindly in the chat so it was only 20 chips left to call but i desiceded to fold and give them a chance, if it was big money or a torny hell no am i folding but yes i do feel guilty giving bad beats to nice players and enjoy taking out the nasty ones. Ive never done this before but felt a bit flushed from night before and was bored to be honest they still lost and went out in 3rd so fate. When it comes to players i know if im up against them i do sometimes give them more respect than there due and all is fair in love and war you know. your in it to win it dont be nice they wont be nice to you when it comes to takin your chips.
    PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
    xxxxxxx Small blind   500.00 500.00 520.00
    Dazler Big blind   1000.00 1500.00 8140.00
      Your hole cards
    • A

xxxxxx Fold        
    underdog
    All-in   520.00 2020.00 0.00
    Dazler Fold        
    xxxxxx Muck        
    underdog Win   2000.00   2000.00
    underdog Return   20.00 0.00 2020.00
  • edited August 2011
    Im a fairly nice person in real life and hate upsetting people, but on the poker table its a different matter all together I want to win so I feel good when I get one step closer to my my goal and it feels even better if its someone I know especially if I know they are better than me. (which is most of them to be fair).